Bullnose Forums

Year-To-Year Differences?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes sense. Thank you!

Well, with David's help I've added these books to the library. All are Light Truck Facts books with the exception of the "Data Book", which is a 1984 book. It has some information, but I'm still on the hunt for a true '84 Light Truck Facts Book to complete the set.

New_Fact_Books.thumb.jpg.6f4b6f3a26305c17cb5a65e99fd416c1.jpg

And the set looks like this:

Fact_Book_Library.thumb.jpg.09c76046ed89dab10ed925e53fbeb20a.jpg

So now I'm ready to finish the engine table, and then move on to other similar tables, like transmissions. Plus, I should have more engine spec's to add.

:nabble_anim_working:

David - I'm not sure if that is consistent or not. The MPC says 1983 only, which fits with Daniel's 1984 truck having the bezel but not the wiring nor, presumably, the switch. But I know the MPC has errors, like the one I just caught regarding the radiator brackets.

However, the 1984 and 1985 EVTM's show that those trucks should have the wiring since they both show the up-shift indicator wiring. And yet the 1983 EVTM doesn't show the wiring.

The clues aren't consistent. Perhaps the up-shift indicator did come out in '83 as the MPC says, but the '83 EVTM was published too early for that to be included. And to support that theory, my '83 EVTM was copyrighted in 1982. (My '87 EVTM was copyrighted in 1987, and it is the only other one of my EVTM's to give a copyright date.)

But why do the '84 and '85 EVTM's still show the circuitry when Daniel's '84, which fits the MPC's criteria for having the switch and, one would think, the circuitry, doesn't have it. Or, might his truck have the switch and not the wiring? Is that something you could check?

And, are you ok with me documenting his truck as not having the wiring (and switch)? I'd like to capture what we can find on this issue, including build date and manufacturing plant.

There is no switch or wiring on my son's 1984. Feel free to document, Gary.

David - I'm not sure if that is consistent or not. The MPC says 1983 only, which fits with Daniel's 1984 truck having the bezel but not the wiring nor, presumably, the switch. But I know the MPC has errors, like the one I just caught regarding the radiator brackets.

However, the 1984 and 1985 EVTM's show that those trucks should have the wiring since they both show the up-shift indicator wiring. And yet the 1983 EVTM doesn't show the wiring.

The clues aren't consistent. Perhaps the up-shift indicator did come out in '83 as the MPC says, but the '83 EVTM was published too early for that to be included. And to support that theory, my '83 EVTM was copyrighted in 1982. (My '87 EVTM was copyrighted in 1987, and it is the only other one of my EVTM's to give a copyright date.)

But why do the '84 and '85 EVTM's still show the circuitry when Daniel's '84, which fits the MPC's criteria for having the switch and, one would think, the circuitry, doesn't have it. Or, might his truck have the switch and not the wiring? Is that something you could check?

And, are you ok with me documenting his truck as not having the wiring (and switch)? I'd like to capture what we can find on this issue, including build date and manufacturing plant.

Follow-up to this topic: There is no [upshift] switch or wiring on the 1984 truck.

My 1984 has the "Upshift" lens in the instrument bezel, but no bulb or wiring. The EVTM shows that it was only with EEC on the 300/6, so my truck being a 302 with DSII and 3spd manual, of course it was never there.

It was an interesting little piece of kit for it's day. I'd be curious to finally see one that is still in working condition. I don't know how many people are still running the 300/6 trucks with electronic engine control.

Follow-up to this topic: There is no [upshift] switch or wiring on the 1984 truck.

My 1984 has the "Upshift" lens in the instrument bezel, but no bulb or wiring. The EVTM shows that it was only with EEC on the 300/6, so my truck being a 302 with DSII and 3spd manual, of course it was never there.

It was an interesting little piece of kit for it's day. I'd be curious to finally see one that is still in working condition. I don't know how many people are still running the 300/6 trucks with electronic engine control.

My son and his very original 1984 with 4.9L engine.