Bullnose Forums

Lower steering column bearing #3D681

Greetings.. hope we all have a safe 4th! Well I got everything replaced ie,. Re-man steering gear box and pump, Borgeson lower shaft and the upper steering bearing from DRB Fab.

Also had La Bronkita re-aligned.

However.. now I hear a clicking sound coming through the steering column. I was able to just slip right in the bearing I had heard that could have been challenging but it slipped right in and has some play! As well and slight play on the gear box end.

Also the re-alignment helped but still pulling to the right.

Help! I’m frustrated at this point and don’t understand why now the clicking and after several re-alignments still pulling right.

On the noise, put the front end on jack stands, start the engine, and turn lock to lock with someone looking/listening for the click. Use a hose stuck to your ear to hear down where things are turning, hot, etc.

And if you have slack in the steering box you just discovered why I won't buy a box from anyone but Blue Top or Redhead.

On the noise, put the front end on jack stands, start the engine, and turn lock to lock with someone looking/listening for the click. Use a hose stuck to your ear to hear down where things are turning, hot, etc.

And if you have slack in the steering box you just discovered why I won't buy a box from anyone but Blue Top or Redhead.

Thanks Gary.. I did look into one of those gear box options you suggested but I only found them on-line and once I pay shipping back and forth with the core exchange it got pretty expensive. If you or anyone knows where I can buy one in the Phoenix area I’d love to get it locally. I talked with my NAPA rep and I can get my money back for the junk reman one. I think I might as well upgrade the pump as well?