Bullnose Forums

1984 F250 New Owner

broboyle

I just picked up this 1984 F250 6.9 yesterday! I flew from Charlotte, NC to Nashville, TN and drove it 430 miles home. The odometer shows 60,000 miles, not sure if it has rolled or not? The early CARFAX history from 1984 to 1999 shows no records, so I am unsure if the truck sat during this period, what do y'all think? I have posted some photos from the for sale advertisement as well as a CARFAX snip. I look forward to being part of this forum!

One question I do have is how do I determine what original dog dish hubcaps came on this truck?

-Michael

1.jpg.53b552420415050a3b9333f0ad656f14.jpg

2.jpg.988422fd0a5c0b532aa1758ee3b03d0b.jpg

3.jpg.0a3039871db8e4f6ead51c035ff32df6.jpg

Carfax.png.34d5e0e6e742681520e6768b93e9a404.png

Looks like it came with a new alternator! Interior is nice and clean as well.

Nice truck. Congrats.

Michael - That looks like a very nice truck. Well done! 👍

As for the hub caps, there’s no easy way to determine what ones came with the truck. The only way is if you can find the build sheet, as explained here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/build-sheet-interpretation.html. I’m not sure we can tell even then though. Or, a Marti report might.

But, when I get home I can put info on the website that show what hub caps were available when and for what models. Perhaps that will help?

Michael - That looks like a very nice truck. Well done! 👍

As for the hub caps, there’s no easy way to determine what ones came with the truck. The only way is if you can find the build sheet, as explained here: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/build-sheet-interpretation.html. I’m not sure we can tell even then though. Or, a Marti report might.

But, when I get home I can put info on the website that show what hub caps were available when and for what models. Perhaps that will help?

Thank you that will certainly help! I'm trying to keep it as close to stock / original as possible! I'll have to check the glove box it has some of the original paperwork, I may be able to tell. I'll check the seat / carpet and see if there is a build sheet there also!