Bullnose Forums

Nothing Special's Moab Trip - 2024

Another vacation is in the books, and although it was a bit star-crossed, overall it was a very good trip.

This was supposed to be a trip where Lesley and I met Gary and Janey for some 'wheeling together. We were planning that in this thread, but life got in the way, so it was just Lesley and me.

The next downer was that a week before this trip Lesley's dog, Kirby, took a big turn for the worse. Kirby had been diagnosed with a heart murmur over 5 years ago, and although it was progressively getting worse, it usually didn't seem to affect her too much. But now she wouldn't eat and was quite lethargic. With a 3-day weekend at my folk's cabin, followed by this trip we wondered if it was her time. But we decided to bring her to the cabin where she bounced back for a couple good days.

My older son was scheduled to take both of our dogs while we were gone, and although he was still willing to take Kirby, both he and his wife were pretty stressed about the possibility of needing to have her put down while we were gone. But then my younger son asked to take Kirby. While Mike was away at college before we got Kirby, Dan was still home, and Kirby was almost as much his dog as Lesley's. So after making sure he and his wife knew what they were getting into we happily let Kirby go to his house.

To avoid dragging this part of the story out, after a couple good days with them, Kirby went down hill for the next few days, and on Wednesday they decided it was time. We didn't have very good cell coverage where we were that day and couldn't make calls (which would've been better), but we were able to talk with Dan via text and help him make the decision. So after being stressed about Kirby for the previous week, we ended the trip mourning her loss.

Here's a picture of Kirby as we were getting ready to go on this trip:

20240530_180156.thumb.jpg.7baa48314873af50da15f0db4f188ca7.jpg

OK, enough of the downers. Over the past few years we've made about 6 - 8 trips through the Eisenhower Tunnel, and I've been wanting to take the scenic route over Loveland Pass. The drive out on this trip was finally the right time to do it, with no time pressure and great weather. The scenery didn't disappoint, and we even saw skiers at Arapaho Basin!

20240601_085126.thumb.jpg.7a1ff8f2e29b34fca01e4c79132c2a0f.jpg

20240601_085804.thumb.jpg.3c7c40eddd7a8c6f0619ba479b9a7a37.jpg

Our first stop on this trip was a bit of a last-minute addition, but we decided to spend one night at Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park in Colorado. We weren't expecting much, but it ended up being a high point. Here are a few pictures and a very short video. The river isn't THAT big, and it's 2,000 feet below. But we were impressed with how well you could hear it anyway.

20240601_164527.thumb.jpg.3ef2a91079a9a1293405d1f9fd99040a.jpg

20240602_081029.thumb.jpg.a3ce8ee426fbfb94a35c6a829ff5fdf6.jpg

20240602_082108.thumb.jpg.56d1a10d20138754ab8c429035de3f74.jpg

That's enough for this post. I'll try to add one day's report each day until the trip is done.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad about Kirby. That had to put a damper on the trip. I'm so sorry!

As for Loveland Pass, we came over it from the other side in a snow storm while driving a '69 Super Bee. We had our lap belts on, but when we saw the little Dodge Dart off the side of the road with the right front wheel dangling in the breeze, and 3 more levels of the highway visible below, we put the shoulder belts on as well. So I don't have any memories of what Loveland Pass looks like, but your pictures do look good. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I do remember Black Canyon Of The Gunnison in a better light - literally. When my brother and I took Big Blue to Ouray a few years ago US50 was closed just after Blue Mesa Reservoir so they diverted us on CO92, which is surely how you got to the NP. We didn't go into the park but did get to see the canyon from the highway like you did, and it is stunning!

However, it was very dry then and Blue Mesa Reservoir was so low that boats were moored hundreds of yards away from what is normally the shore. It had been that way for years so the river was low and we couldn't hear it. So that video shows me what we missed. Cool! :nabble_smiley_good:

As for Loveland Pass, we came over it from the other side in a snow storm while driving a '69 Super Bee. We had our lap belts on, but when we saw the little Dodge Dart off the side of the road with the right front wheel dangling in the breeze, and 3 more levels of the highway visible below, we put the shoulder belts on as well. So I don't have any memories of what Loveland Pass looks like, but your pictures do look good. :nabble_smiley_good:

But I do remember Black Canyon Of The Gunnison in a better light - literally. When my brother and I took Big Blue to Ouray a few years ago US50 was closed just after Blue Mesa Reservoir so they diverted us on CO92, which is surely how you got to the NP. We didn't go into the park but did get to see the canyon from the highway like you did, and it is stunning!

However, it was very dry then and Blue Mesa Reservoir was so low that boats were moored hundreds of yards away from what is normally the shore. It had been that way for years so the river was low and we couldn't hear it. So that video shows me what we missed. Cool! :nabble_smiley_good:

It's the worst part about owning a dog. But Kenzie's (my dog) reaction when we went to pick her up helped us remember why it's still worth it (not that we were in danger of forgetting). And we'll get another. In fact, when Lesley contacted Kirby's breeder to get on the waiting list for another puppy she found out that they actually had a couple puppies that would be available soon. So she'll be getting her next dog in just a few weeks!

CO92 runs along the north side of the park. We came in on US50, on the south side. We had intended to take US50 west through Gunnison, but a bridge out forced us to take I70 (but let us take Loveland Pass) to Grand Junction and then go back east on US50 to the park.

A couple more things about the drive out. We left on Thursday evening, getting into Iowa for the night. That left us with either a very short drive or a very long drive on Friday. We opted to stop just east of Denver, because our next option was well into the mountains and well after dark. So we stopped early (around 5:00) and drove through the mountains in the daylight. We still got to Black Canyon of the Gunnison by early afternoon.

And I forgot to get a picture of that camp site, but when we got to Moab (mid-afternoon Sunday) we set up at Sun Outdoors Moab Downtown. This used to be Canyonlands RV Park, but apparently it was sold (Sun Outdoors has at least 4 or 5 campgrounds in Moab). We stayed at this same park on our first visit in 2019, but were not able to get reservations there in 2021. It's a kind of tight park with small sites (I did see a trailer back into another trailer, doing significant damage to both, when he was trying to get positioned). But it has trees and shade (which can't be assumed in Moab!) and is within walking distance of downtown for shopping and shakes!

20240602_181939553_HDR.thumb.jpg.bbb1730f6ac788c6673ee36d4bf936bb.jpg

this sounds like a great trip overall. and it is the kind of thing that makes me want a rv also. jury is still out.

I just need to feel confident that it will get used before jumping on board.

It's the worst part about owning a dog. But Kenzie's (my dog) reaction when we went to pick her up helped us remember why it's still worth it (not that we were in danger of forgetting). And we'll get another. In fact, when Lesley contacted Kirby's breeder to get on the waiting list for another puppy she found out that they actually had a couple puppies that would be available soon. So she'll be getting her next dog in just a few weeks!

CO92 runs along the north side of the park. We came in on US50, on the south side. We had intended to take US50 west through Gunnison, but a bridge out forced us to take I70 (but let us take Loveland Pass) to Grand Junction and then go back east on US50 to the park.

A couple more things about the drive out. We left on Thursday evening, getting into Iowa for the night. That left us with either a very short drive or a very long drive on Friday. We opted to stop just east of Denver, because our next option was well into the mountains and well after dark. So we stopped early (around 5:00) and drove through the mountains in the daylight. We still got to Black Canyon of the Gunnison by early afternoon.

And I forgot to get a picture of that camp site, but when we got to Moab (mid-afternoon Sunday) we set up at Sun Outdoors Moab Downtown. This used to be Canyonlands RV Park, but apparently it was sold (Sun Outdoors has at least 4 or 5 campgrounds in Moab). We stayed at this same park on our first visit in 2019, but were not able to get reservations there in 2021. It's a kind of tight park with small sites (I did see a trailer back into another trailer, doing significant damage to both, when he was trying to get positioned). But it has trees and shade (which can't be assumed in Moab!) and is within walking distance of downtown for shopping and shakes!

Yes, that is the worst part about having a dog. We've done that many times and plan on not doing that again. But I know many, if not most, people get another puppy pretty quickly and that seems to help. So it makes sense and I'm glad you are able to get one you know you'll like so quickly.

As for the road, apparently US50 is needing a lot of maintenance in that area. It was closed off and on a few years ago due to bridges and other bits failing, but we got lucky on the way out and it was open again. Otherwise we were going to go south through Durango as the detour over CO92 is a long way out of the way. But then you went a bit out of the way if you went through Grand Junction and back.

Your campsite looks a lot better than I'd imagined. I saw the pics my brother sent of their trip 2 weeks ago and I didn't see a single tree. But then they weren't taking them in Moab itself but out on the trails.

Yes, that is the worst part about having a dog. We've done that many times and plan on not doing that again. But I know many, if not most, people get another puppy pretty quickly and that seems to help. So it makes sense and I'm glad you are able to get one you know you'll like so quickly.

As for the road, apparently US50 is needing a lot of maintenance in that area. It was closed off and on a few years ago due to bridges and other bits failing, but we got lucky on the way out and it was open again. Otherwise we were going to go south through Durango as the detour over CO92 is a long way out of the way. But then you went a bit out of the way if you went through Grand Junction and back.

Your campsite looks a lot better than I'd imagined. I saw the pics my brother sent of their trip 2 weeks ago and I didn't see a single tree. But then they weren't taking them in Moab itself but out on the trails.

I kind of think all trees in Utah are invasive species!

I kind of think all trees in Utah are invasive species!

Monday - Top of the World

Now we get to the meat-and-potatoes of the trip, the 'wheeling! The original plan had been to run Sevenmile Rim on day 1 with Gary. I thought about still doing that, because there are some parts of Sevenmile that we skipped in 2019 that I'd like to see. But in the end I decided to start with the day 2 trail, Top of the World.

We had run this trail on our first Moab trip in 2019, and it was sort of a love-hate thing for me. The first hour and a half (and then the last hour and a half) are really just rough roads that you sort of endure. But the rest of the trail is a fun (but mostly not that difficult) challenge, and the photo op at the top is incredible! Plus we hadn't run the back side of the loop at the top in '19, and I wanted to try that. So Top of the World it was!

The first obstacle, or really two obstacles because there are two separate ledges close together, is where I asked Gary to keep an open mind. I told him that I'd go first and make it look easy so he'd have confidence going up. Gary, I still maintain that you could do this pretty easily (with a spotter), but while I did make the first ledge look easy (first picture below, and right at the start of the video), I didn't make the second ledge look easy! I did make it (proof in the video!), but I slid off my line and started hopping, so I had to stop and restart. Fortunately I was able to crawl right up after I got the suspension and carb to settle down. But I'm not sure if I'd've been able to talk you into continuing at that point!

20240603_111849.thumb.jpg.12a24e0e3d67142a419b9212e0700178.jpg

20240603_112037.thumb.jpg.2ec1d469725211cd36e7255f78d5cfc0.jpg

From there to the top was pretty much what I expected, some fun but actually quite easy challenges. Gary, I'm sure you'd've enjoyed this section. In the video at 1:10 I am taking an "extra credit" line, but really you and Big Blue could do anything I did on this stretch.

By the way, I did realize that I use the restart-with-the-clutch-engaged technique pretty frequently. However 1:45 in the video is a place it didn't work so well. I was in 2nd gear and the starter didn't have the torque to do it in that gear. Then you can see why I like the technique as Pluto jumps backward when I push in the clutch to downshift.

20240603_114645.thumb.jpg.4f1693f8fc574c0e73bc224ff3a66209.jpg

At 2:59 in the video we get to the top. While it's a great photo op, we didn't get very good pictures this time. There were some other Jeepers up there when we got there and one of them spotted me to park Pluto for the pictures, but he put me way too far to the left (the first picture below). I decided it wasn't worth moving to get better pictures because we had good pictures from 2019 (one of those is the second picture below).

20240603_120909.thumb.jpg.d782d33b2d72dcc6eb94f25911069b10.jpg

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n40400/Moab_2019_TOTW_9769.jpg

Maybe another example of the stars being against us, as we were about to head down I saw a 4" slice in the sidewall of my left rear tire. It was still holding air, but I decided to change it before heading down to avoid flexing it too much and blowing it so I wouldn't even have a spare. That evening I moved the spare to the left front (to keep the two tires on the Detroit-locked rear axle more similar for the road drives), and the following evening I bought a used 32/11.50-15 tire (no 33" tires for 15" rims were available in Moab) to give Lesley more confidence before our long road day on Wednesday or towing it home. And spoiler alert, but I sliced the right rear on the last day. I crossed my fingers and kept driving on it, but it looks like I now have my "opportunity" to get quieter tires!

20240603_183303360.thumb.jpg.c7c3c21a1dcace32b27cdb919dd46edf.jpg

From 3:11 to 12:42 in the video we're heading down the back side of the loop, so Gary, we wouldn't have been on that stretch. And as the amount of video would indicate, this is the hardest part of the trail! It was a lot of fun, but I did need to stop and spot my line a LOT.

20240603_132022.thumb.jpg.1edb2861c5a6675a9df03036e7d4f2d8.jpg

20240603_133726.thumb.jpg.aa85682cea34b4e57585e545e2f7b0c0.jpg

At 12:42 in the video we're off the back side of the loop and back to the first obstacle. Gary, we would've had to come down either this or the bypass (which really isn't easier or less scary). Again I made the lower ledge look easy, but the upper ledge is where the "teaser" picture I posted last week was from! (first picture below) As spooky as that looks in the picture, and maybe even spookier in the video, I really didn't feel at all unstable. And a longer truck would have done it smoother. Plus if I'd've rode the brake more it would've gone down slower, without the exciting looking bounce. But I'm afraid that as it was it would've made Janey like me a bit less!

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154465/20240603_142105.jpg

20240603_142428.thumb.jpg.0ad729bb1feb70d0959f2d44c4e30bab.jpg

Well, that was Top of the World. The entire trail took us a little over six hours. We saw maybe four other groups of vehicles in that time, so it certainly wasn't crowded, but if we had broken anything to the point of being stranded we wouldn't still be there!

Monday - Top of the World

Now we get to the meat-and-potatoes of the trip, the 'wheeling! The original plan had been to run Sevenmile Rim on day 1 with Gary. I thought about still doing that, because there are some parts of Sevenmile that we skipped in 2019 that I'd like to see. But in the end I decided to start with the day 2 trail, Top of the World.

We had run this trail on our first Moab trip in 2019, and it was sort of a love-hate thing for me. The first hour and a half (and then the last hour and a half) are really just rough roads that you sort of endure. But the rest of the trail is a fun (but mostly not that difficult) challenge, and the photo op at the top is incredible! Plus we hadn't run the back side of the loop at the top in '19, and I wanted to try that. So Top of the World it was!

The first obstacle, or really two obstacles because there are two separate ledges close together, is where I asked Gary to keep an open mind. I told him that I'd go first and make it look easy so he'd have confidence going up. Gary, I still maintain that you could do this pretty easily (with a spotter), but while I did make the first ledge look easy (first picture below, and right at the start of the video), I didn't make the second ledge look easy! I did make it (proof in the video!), but I slid off my line and started hopping, so I had to stop and restart. Fortunately I was able to crawl right up after I got the suspension and carb to settle down. But I'm not sure if I'd've been able to talk you into continuing at that point!

From there to the top was pretty much what I expected, some fun but actually quite easy challenges. Gary, I'm sure you'd've enjoyed this section. In the video at 1:10 I am taking an "extra credit" line, but really you and Big Blue could do anything I did on this stretch.

By the way, I did realize that I use the restart-with-the-clutch-engaged technique pretty frequently. However 1:45 in the video is a place it didn't work so well. I was in 2nd gear and the starter didn't have the torque to do it in that gear. Then you can see why I like the technique as Pluto jumps backward when I push in the clutch to downshift.

At 2:59 in the video we get to the top. While it's a great photo op, we didn't get very good pictures this time. There were some other Jeepers up there when we got there and one of them spotted me to park Pluto for the pictures, but he put me way too far to the left (the first picture below). I decided it wasn't worth moving to get better pictures because we had good pictures from 2019 (one of those is the second picture below).

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n40400/Moab_2019_TOTW_9769.jpg

Maybe another example of the stars being against us, as we were about to head down I saw a 4" slice in the sidewall of my left rear tire. It was still holding air, but I decided to change it before heading down to avoid flexing it too much and blowing it so I wouldn't even have a spare. That evening I moved the spare to the left front (to keep the two tires on the Detroit-locked rear axle more similar for the road drives), and the following evening I bought a used 32/11.50-15 tire (no 33" tires for 15" rims were available in Moab) to give Lesley more confidence before our long road day on Wednesday or towing it home. And spoiler alert, but I sliced the right rear on the last day. I crossed my fingers and kept driving on it, but it looks like I now have my "opportunity" to get quieter tires!

From 3:11 to 12:42 in the video we're heading down the back side of the loop, so Gary, we wouldn't have been on that stretch. And as the amount of video would indicate, this is the hardest part of the trail! It was a lot of fun, but I did need to stop and spot my line a LOT.

At 12:42 in the video we're off the back side of the loop and back to the first obstacle. Gary, we would've had to come down either this or the bypass (which really isn't easier or less scary). Again I made the lower ledge look easy, but the upper ledge is where the "teaser" picture I posted last week was from! (first picture below) As spooky as that looks in the picture, and maybe even spookier in the video, I really didn't feel at all unstable. And a longer truck would have done it smoother. Plus if I'd've rode the brake more it would've gone down slower, without the exciting looking bounce. But I'm afraid that as it was it would've made Janey like me a bit less!

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154465/20240603_142105.jpg

Well, that was Top of the World. The entire trail took us a little over six hours. We saw maybe four other groups of vehicles in that time, so it certainly wasn't crowded, but if we had broken anything to the point of being stranded we wouldn't still be there!

Cool! I wish we'd been there. Looks like a long, but fun day.

I'm not sure that first obstacle would have put me off. I think the power of Big Blue would have pulled me through w/o the problem of hopping. Maybe? But it doesn't look that bad.

As for restarting, the EFI might have made it easier for me as it sounds like you were loading up. But I do see that you used it several times, so I'm glad I have that feature.

And that bit at 13:25 doesn't look as bad in the video as it does stopped. But it probably got your attention, for sure.

Janey liked the shot at the top, and I'd really love to have a shot of us with Big Blue there. And she's just said maybe we can do it in the future. :nabble_smiley_good:

But it is a bummer about the tires. Why do you think you had those problems? Too little air? What pressures were you running?

Cool! I wish we'd been there. Looks like a long, but fun day.

I'm not sure that first obstacle would have put me off. I think the power of Big Blue would have pulled me through w/o the problem of hopping. Maybe? But it doesn't look that bad.

As for restarting, the EFI might have made it easier for me as it sounds like you were loading up. But I do see that you used it several times, so I'm glad I have that feature.

And that bit at 13:25 doesn't look as bad in the video as it does stopped. But it probably got your attention, for sure.

Janey liked the shot at the top, and I'd really love to have a shot of us with Big Blue there. And she's just said maybe we can do it in the future. :nabble_smiley_good:

But it is a bummer about the tires. Why do you think you had those problems? Too little air? What pressures were you running?

Glad to hear that neither of you were too put off! I really hope we can complete the original planned trip at some point.

As for the tires, they're almost 5 years old, so maybe the rubber is aging??? Also they aren't exactly high-buck premium tires. I'm not saying they're poor quality by any means, but they are some of the cheaper tires out there, and you do get what you pay for some times. I was running them at 11 psi. I know others run a lot lower (with bead locks), but maybe that's a bit low? I might go up a pound or two, but we'll see.

There was one other vehicle issue this day that I forgot to mention. As I was changing the tires back at camp that night I was having an even harder time than usual closing the tailgate. As i looked at it the rear of my tub is starting to splay out at the top. I guess 53 years of not always gentle use (as well as some rust) can take a toll. I dealt with it for now by pulling it back together with a ratchet strap, but that's a project waiting to be done now.

Glad to hear that neither of you were too put off! I really hope we can complete the original planned trip at some point.

As for the tires, they're almost 5 years old, so maybe the rubber is aging??? Also they aren't exactly high-buck premium tires. I'm not saying they're poor quality by any means, but they are some of the cheaper tires out there, and you do get what you pay for some times. I was running them at 11 psi. I know others run a lot lower (with bead locks), but maybe that's a bit low? I might go up a pound or two, but we'll see.

There was one other vehicle issue this day that I forgot to mention. As I was changing the tires back at camp that night I was having an even harder time than usual closing the tailgate. As i looked at it the rear of my tub is starting to splay out at the top. I guess 53 years of not always gentle use (as well as some rust) can take a toll. I dealt with it for now by pulling it back together with a ratchet strap, but that's a project waiting to be done now.

Tuesday - Poison Spider

Poison Spider was another trail I had been thinking about originally, but it's definitely a step above the ones I was going to bring Gary on. This is a trail I tried to do in 2019, only to be turned back be the "gatekeeper" obstacle. I had done a lot of YouTube scouting and felt ready to conquer it this time.

Poison Spider is just out of town, and most of the challenges are near the trailhead, so it's a very popular trail. The challenges are all as the trail climbs up away from the river, to the top of the mesa. Then it runs across the mesa to where it makes a loop, then comes back across the mesa and back down into the canyon. It took us about 6 hours, with about 2 hours of that being the runs across the mesa and the loop (including a stop for lunch). There are overlooks off the loop, as well as a hike to an arch, but we didn't do any of those (it was about 95° and very few clouds :nabble_smiley_unhappy:).

Alternately, rather than doing the loop you can turn onto another trail, Golden Spike, and either do some of that and turn back, or else continue to its end and then take Gold Bar Rim out to the highway north of town. Doing those three trails is called "the Trifecta" and it makes for a very long day. I MIGHT do that sometime!

The parking area was very crowded when we stopped to air down (did I mention it's a popular trail?). But one cool thing about that was I saw another early Bronco (the only other one I saw on the trails all week). I said "hi" as we started up the trail and then the other driver started running up after me, so I stopped. He asked "are you Nothing Special?" Lesley was a bit offended :nabble_smiley_beam: but the point is that he had recognized Pluto from another board I'm on. When he told me his screen name I knew him too. So that was fun!

"Yeller" offered for me to follow him up to the gatekeeper where he could spot for me. I gladly accepted the insurance, but as it turned out I made it up the line I had planned to take quite easily (going up is right at the start of the video, 09:58 is coming down).

20240604_092900.thumb.jpg.71e33a6026f73f53cf713f9e4399ada7.jpg

After that we waited for his large group and two groups of side-by-sides to clear out before we kept going. There are a few more unnamed obstacles as the trail climbs up out of the canyon. This little drop was pretty off-camber, so it was a little more exciting than it might look (0:30 in the video).

20240604_095757.thumb.jpg.904e3e0a3a90c743d1fdeb9f100e3dc5.jpg

Then you come to the first named obstacle, "the Waterfall," which has no bypass. It's a little off-camber, but not really too bad (0:59 going up in the video, 8:54 coming down). Immediately above it the trail goes up a wide ledge. You first see the right end which is pretty intimidating! But the left end was very doable for us.

20240604_102354.thumb.jpg.633293debd18566c0308827fede40468.jpg

20240604_102537.thumb.jpg.e0e4940c8d9d1228f8b55c4f17b9c28a.jpg

Next follows another series of unnamed obstacles as the trail continues to climb. This one (3:00 going up in the video, 7:55 coming down) is steep enough that there's a winch anchor attached to the rock at the top (we didn't need it).

20240604_103152.thumb.jpg.1f77d2feb52ef3686eb7d80b0a42c0b1.jpg

And then this one was a rare time where Lesley rode up an obstacle (so no video going up, but at 7:11 I'm coming down).

20240604_103449.thumb.jpg.bf417466f70139740bcb1ffa98f5c91a.jpg

The next one (3:38 going up in the video, 6:30 coming down) had a little more ... topography in a steep climb, so it was a little more exciting, but Pluto made easy work of it.

20240604_103847.thumb.jpg.47a9f193052dab5bfa1fc107651aa29c.jpg

"The Wedgie" is the next named obstacle. V-notches aren't my favorite. They're very easy if you do them right, with a big cost of failure if you do them wrong. But I wanted to run the whole trail, so I went up it (4:39 in the video, but I bypassed it on the way down).

20240604_104941.thumb.jpg.5f8d15c9a184d3de82b90098b27d82f7.jpg

There's just one more ledge on the way up (6:12 in the video).

20240604_110241.thumb.jpg.fed2b1f0d6ce7630e3e96b89f3d872ea.jpg

We don't have any video of the 20 mph run across the mesa or the loop, but we did get a few scenery pics.

20240604_110324.thumb.jpg.b68751f6403825e6a8c2b863c0f282be.jpg

Lesley thought this looked like it should be God's throne.

20240604_110734.thumb.jpg.d95b5c7dc765a2124f9295a57454187a.jpg

And this one is actually named "Pig Rock!"

20240604_120120.thumb.jpg.e0e69c932d4304e79d976ad26d92982e.jpg

Then it was back down the same series of obstacles we went up (I'll only include a couple more pictures here)

20240604_133821.thumb.jpg.8378bdc328aa0c4cbb1505917acfd8ec.jpg

20240604_141613.thumb.jpg.46f1e1c84cbac1f10b2d355e504de90e.jpg

So that was Poison Spider! Thanks for riding along!