Bullnose Forums

Interior Part Behind Rear Supercab Seat

Good afternoon everyone. I pulled out most of the interior of my 1984 F250 Supercab and found an interesting part behind the back of the rear seat. It's this black part that is attached to the wall. I assume it is a stopper for the back part of the seat but I can't find any information on it. Also, there is only 1 back there but I see where there are similar places to put one in the middle and passenger side.

Does anyone know what these are or how I can locate the two more, if in fact there are supposed to be 2 more? I should also note that a 'lift kit' was installed on the rear seat a few decades ago so it sits up higher than it came from the factory. Thank you very much for the help.

InkedIMG_4347.thumb.jpg.dae83df467786b14660705c0b3b10d71.jpg

If you look at the page on Documentation/Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks and then the Illustrations tab & then the Seat Illustrations tab you'll see several illustrations, with the last being for your seat/truck. And there's a "62430" shown.

Then if you go to the Part Numbers tab you'll find the list of parts, but I've pulled the info on 62430 out, below. Note that while the illustration shows 1 while the parts list says it take 2. :nabble_smiley_oh:

I can't explain that, but you might want to look and see if there's a place for another one? If so, you could search online for that part number.

Header_For_62430.jpg.4150355e4b4f582428fd7d4ddf538867.jpg62430.jpg.acb306aa494d3951ca7dbb85d419bde2.jpg

If you look at the page on Documentation/Interior/Seats & Seat Tracks and then the Illustrations tab & then the Seat Illustrations tab you'll see several illustrations, with the last being for your seat/truck. And there's a "62430" shown.

Then if you go to the Part Numbers tab you'll find the list of parts, but I've pulled the info on 62430 out, below. Note that while the illustration shows 1 while the parts list says it take 2. :nabble_smiley_oh:

I can't explain that, but you might want to look and see if there's a place for another one? If so, you could search online for that part number.

Thank you Gary. I'm still getting used to the documentation tab. Hopefully you don't get too tired of starting most of your replies with...

If you look at the page on Documentation... :nabble_smiley_beam:

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you Gary. I'm still getting used to the documentation tab. Hopefully you don't get too tired of starting most of your replies with...

If you look at the page on Documentation... :nabble_smiley_beam:

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

I'm the curator. I know where I put the stuff - most of the time. It is logical to me, but not to everyone. So I'm happy to find it for you and point you in the right direction. :nabble_smiley_wink: