Bullnose Forums

6.9 injector fuel leak

Do you still have the original injector caps? Almost 100% of the time fuel leaks are due to deteriorated o rings and fuel hose, not the caps (but they like to sell complete kits). The original GREY plastic caps are a coveted junkyard find, as the quality control on replacements are dodgy as you are experiencing.

You can try replacing the caps that are leaking with different ones… the originals if you still have them, or from your first kit to see if you get lucky and use one that seals. R&D sells billet aluminum fuel rails that replace the caps and hoses, but they are spendy.

https://idiperformance.com/shop/fuel-system/billet-injector-fuel-return-rails/

The R&D injector cover seems to be working. 9 days after installation seems to start right up without cranking, coughing or sputtering.

Ill keep you all posted on how it works.

The R&D injector cover seems to be working. 9 days after installation seems to start right up without cranking, coughing or sputtering.

Ill keep you all posted on how it works.

Good to hear! Thank you for the update… R&D upgrades can be a little pricey but in my experience so far they are high quality and worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear! Thank you for the update… R&D upgrades can be a little pricey but in my experience so far they are high quality and worth it.

Installed the R&D fuel rails a month ago, I let it sit all this time just to see if it would loose pressure. Went out and started it last night and it started just like a new engine.

2 thumbs up for the R&D fuel rails, they were about a 2.5 hour install and not cheap but looks like worth the money and effort.

Installed the R&D fuel rails a month ago, I let it sit all this time just to see if it would loose pressure. Went out and started it last night and it started just like a new engine.

2 thumbs up for the R&D fuel rails, they were about a 2.5 hour install and not cheap but looks like worth the money and effort.

That is a good testament to the effectiveness of these rails. Thank you for the update and follow up! :nabble_anim_handshake:

That is a good testament to the effectiveness of these rails. Thank you for the update and follow up! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Yes, thanks for the update. It is good to know that there are products out there that actually solve the problems that these trucks have. :nabble_smiley_good: