Bullnose Forums

Something in the transfer slot Holley 4160

do you have any access to a different carb. beg, borrow, just as a test. if you can divide and conquer. find out if it is certainly carb or intake gasket.

No I had one and gave it to the needy. I will buy a used one from ebay and rebuild it. But the more I think about this I really suspect why casting material with threads on it is floating around in there. Mean time I will search for one, and update when I do. Thanks again for the help!

do you have any access to a different carb. beg, borrow, just as a test. if you can divide and conquer. find out if it is certainly carb or intake gasket.

I found this and it should be here next week Its never been installed. For a hundred bucks and a gasket I thought it was worth taking a shot.

Carter AFB 625cfm

carter.png.a98d4d1dd46af122c42ef2fb9252935c.png

I found this and it should be here next week Its never been installed. For a hundred bucks and a gasket I thought it was worth taking a shot.

Carter AFB 625cfm

That should be plenty of carb for you. And those are pretty simple carbs - not a lot to go wrong.

Carter AFB 625cfm

I like the carb and will be reading along to see how it goes for you. be aware that none of the linkages are going to be exact. throttle brackets are going to be mis aligned. etc. Holley is narrow but long where the afb is short but wide. this can be more of an issue on a 5.0/302 than on a 5.8/351. wider 5.8 intake gives a bit more fitment room

• 2 weeks later...

I like the carb and will be reading along to see how it goes for you. be aware that none of the linkages are going to be exact. throttle brackets are going to be mis aligned. etc. Holley is narrow but long where the afb is short but wide. this can be more of an issue on a 5.0/302 than on a 5.8/351. wider 5.8 intake gives a bit more fitment room

Well.... Installed the Carter AFB and she runs like a top. Now to figure out the vacuum ports and Air fuel mixture.

Progress!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

I take that back, its running really rough today hard to start idk why at least it doesnt surge but now it just seems like its missing. super rough. I bypassed my gas tank to see if that was it but same result. Im really at a loss now. It could be that the 75$ carb needs cleaning now that it ran and sat? It ran great yesterday.

I take that back, its running really rough today hard to start idk why at least it doesnt surge but now it just seems like its missing. super rough. I bypassed my gas tank to see if that was it but same result. Im really at a loss now. It could be that the 75$ carb needs cleaning now that it ran and sat? It ran great yesterday.

I Pulled the carb and took the top off looked at looks like its brand new in there. I could tell someone has opened it before because the screws look a little nicked. Anyway put it back on and it fired right up and idles good and steady at 800 rpm. Good in and out of gears and back to park with a good idle. Whats going on Here???????? Suggestions?

I Pulled the carb and took the top off looked at looks like its brand new in there. I could tell someone has opened it before because the screws look a little nicked. Anyway put it back on and it fired right up and idles good and steady at 800 rpm. Good in and out of gears and back to park with a good idle. Whats going on Here???????? Suggestions?

One problem I've had with Carterbrocks is getting something in the idle passage. I've cleared it out by pulling the idle screws and blowing compressed air through the hole.

Hasn't happened often, but sometimes when I can't get one to idle correctly I try that and it usually works. But that's for the idle, not overall rough running.

One problem I've had with Carterbrocks is getting something in the idle passage. I've cleared it out by pulling the idle screws and blowing compressed air through the hole.

Hasn't happened often, but sometimes when I can't get one to idle correctly I try that and it usually works. But that's for the idle, not overall rough running.

I pulled them while I had it off and cleaned them so that might of been it. Idle good now so I hope your right on that.