Bullnose Forums

Center of weight balance location

Now that the new garage is almost done, I'm looking at 2 post lifts, I have a 2015 F-150 super crew and I can't find any information on the center of weight balance (between front and rear tires)

Would like to know this before purchasing a Symmetric or Asymmetric lift because of door positioning in relation to the lift-post.

Just trying to keep up with Gary:nabble_smiley_happy:

Any info out there? marks on the frame?

Id like to add photos but nabble rotates them 90 degrees...

Thanks

Nabble doesn't rotate them. That's exactly the problem - your pics are rotated and Nabble doesn't fix that. But when we move to Invision, hopefully soon, that problem will be fixed.

As for a 2-post lift, which I think is the way to go, mine is asymmetrical. And on my 2015 F150 Supercrew I put the pads on the frame. Don't remember exactly where, but on the frame somewhere that is reasonably flat.

Just checked my/our owners manual and it doesn't say where to put a lift. And my booklet that shows where to lift is too old to show our 2015's. But those trucks are fairly well balanced when compared to Big Blue with the 460, dual batteries, winch, etc up front. And my lift, which is rated to 9000 lbs, works on Big Blue.

Yes, there is the problem with the door positioning. My lift has the longer/smaller arms on the front and on many vehicles it isn't possible to position them to where you can fully open the door. But if the lift was symmetrical I think it would be worse as that would have less of the front of the vehicle protruding out of the lift. Maybe that would let you open the door a bit farther as it wouldn't be the rear edge of the door that hits? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Nabble doesn't rotate them. That's exactly the problem - your pics are rotated and Nabble doesn't fix that. But when we move to Invision, hopefully soon, that problem will be fixed.

As for a 2-post lift, which I think is the way to go, mine is asymmetrical. And on my 2015 F150 Supercrew I put the pads on the frame. Don't remember exactly where, but on the frame somewhere that is reasonably flat.

Just checked my/our owners manual and it doesn't say where to put a lift. And my booklet that shows where to lift is too old to show our 2015's. But those trucks are fairly well balanced when compared to Big Blue with the 460, dual batteries, winch, etc up front. And my lift, which is rated to 9000 lbs, works on Big Blue.

Yes, there is the problem with the door positioning. My lift has the longer/smaller arms on the front and on many vehicles it isn't possible to position them to where you can fully open the door. But if the lift was symmetrical I think it would be worse as that would have less of the front of the vehicle protruding out of the lift. Maybe that would let you open the door a bit farther as it wouldn't be the rear edge of the door that hits? :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

FWIW. Darth's CG for lifting is the back edge of the front doors, this is probably mostly full of fuel and my aluminum camper shell on.