Bullnose Forums

Post your car show experiences and stories

Starting a group thread to share recent experiences at car shows with our Bullnoses.

---

Yesterday, I was part of a local car show that happens to be pretty big, Madison, IN's Riverfront Run Car Show. Held on Madison's riverfront, I don't know for sure how many cars there were but the AFAIK sequential car numbers were past 430!

Here's what I brought:

442436012_10232418202627004_3960436564929369692_n.jpg.4e8730d1c8fd9a7025c3c38e86912034.jpg

The empty spot had a 1979 SuperBeetle (and one of the few still with the stock fuel injection, similar to my bullnose being one of the few still with the stock EEC-IV feedback carb!), but he didn't want to be stuck between me and another full size truck off-screen. Later on, a 1967 Chevelle took the spot (didn't get a pic).

Here's my first attempt at info signs:

442488415_10232418202947012_7953605211589116034_n.jpg.160635cbf57854466f50f67df9470fe6.jpg

F150_specs.pdf

The glue didn't hold and I had to move the sign to the left front fender due to wind. People did read them though... I'll come up with a better solution for Gary's show later in the year.

Did have a few interested people ask. Including somebody who offed a 1986 Bullnose with a 300 for a measly $600 over what (per what I showed him) was likely a bad TFI module (dies randomly when warm only to work a minute later)... changed everything BUT the TFI module before giving up! (This is why this forum/documentation needs to exist... even what to us is "obvious" is not to others!).

On a lighter note, I did encounter a whole herd of 'Vettes... but one of them isn't like the others:

442434806_10232418799521926_1962604297885137131_n.jpg.346313cbe1c26e1a89a0a0db4988bd79.jpg

Funny enough, the Chevette parked there first, only for the event staff to direct the group of modern corvettes to fill the rest of the section. Dumb luck or they have a sense of humor!

I didn't win anything... but no surprise, my truck isn't a show truck (and without a cab-off restoration and removal from active use, won't be). But I did have a good time and there were people who did like it. And I encountered a lot of local acquaintances and co-workers...

Darth has been in two shows, one here on the Eastern Shore, about two miles from our house. I had gone down to see what was there and they were selling raffle tickets. One of the options was car length. The lady selling them asked what package I wanted and I told car length and did it matter if it was a truck. She informed me the truck was fine, and did I have it with me, when I told yes, she said "bring it in" so I did. And Darth won a trophy.

He was also entered in Gary's Virtual show and also got a trophy in that one.

I never entered my Shelby in car shows as it was my daily driver most of the time I owned it.

My son found there was a car show in Hampton when I still lived in Newport News, he grabbed the keys to T2K-CAR and drove it to the show. I had been out, and when I came home I asked "where is the convertible?" answer, Matt took it a car show at Outdoor World. I went back out and drove over there. They weren't giving awards, but that 2.2L Turbo II engine definitely attracted some interest. One person said he had a turbocharged Chrysler product but had never seen an intake like mine. I explained it was the original Turbo II design done by Shelby and that it was a two piece design.

Good show!!

I recently took Big Blue 2WD to a car show at work. I had a lot of interest, but I didn't set myself up in the voting system so didn't win either. And yes, we had that corvette crowd with newer C7, C8 corvettes as well, people flaunted their window stickers/MSRPs :nabble_anim_blbl:

Glad you are keeping your truck as a driver. One can make a truck 'too nice' to enjoy it.

My only car show until now was Gary's one, last September.

A man and his wife came to me and asked to buy Big Bro, was it for sale.

I joked and answered that, with the right price, everything is for sale.

He stayed (very) serious, no smile, and asked me to tell my price.

Ooooops... I stuttered that, hem, well, in fact, you know, it's not really for sale.

He answered that he was understanding, «this crew cab is "unique"».

They turned and walked away.

——————

I like to think that this couple was millionaire, that they wanted my truck at $$ any $$ price.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

But they don't have it. I do.

:nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig: