Bullnose Forums

Sunvisors

Paul, I was leaning towards the newer style but I chickened out because I didn’t want to butcher my new headliner. There is a story behind that. CJ

I hear you CJ as it requires two holes one for each brackets aligning pin and one for the screw. I was more worried I'd slip up and drill a hole through the roof. I was so impressed with the result from the first set that I immediately replaced the ones in my other truck.

Paul

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more worried I'd slip up and drill a hole through the roof.

Paul

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

While restoring Big Brother, I was scared for the same

reason (don’t remember what, but had to drill something to the ceiling).

I still remember how nervous I was, imagining the bit through the freshly painted roof.

😬

I hear you CJ as it requires two holes one for each brackets aligning pin and one for the screw. I was more worried I'd slip up and drill a hole through the roof. I was so impressed with the result from the first set that I immediately replaced the ones in my other truck.

Paul

You probably know about these, they are handy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/7-piece-drill-stop-set-38336.html

I still have some homemade ones I used on #30 drill bits. They're 1/8 (I think) steel tubing.

I am in the middle of trying my hand as restoration of some sun visors now…Will post pics when I get to it.

Subscribed!

Here's what I put in Darth, I had to recover them to match the headliner and other interior trim. The lower one unclips and can be swung to the side, upper one can then be swung down as needed.

DSCN0222_copy.thumb.jpg.fa2fbee0d2b8254a6ebec694946d06a5.jpg

Dane I since bought a set of split depth collar style a bit more expensive but lock on real nice and tight.

Paul

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n153686/03J9405-set-of-7-collars-metric-f-03.jpg

That's funny, I assumed the link I posted were split, because those are the kind I had used before, thought they were all split I guess. Good eye!