Bullnose Forums

Sunvisors

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think we can swap original sun visors on these new arms?

Big Brother’s original arms are quite “slack”, the sun visors don’t stay in place. But I would prefer to keep the original ones, so maybe just swap the arms…

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Do you think we can swap original sun visors on these new arms?

Big Brother’s original arms are quite “slack”, the sun visors don’t stay in place. But I would prefer to keep the original ones, so maybe just swap the arms…

Jeff, I wanted to do the same. I couldn’t get mine to pull out. I was doing more harm than good. The new ones were hard enough to twist in. You can give it a try and twist the rod back and forth and pull. Being 83 yo, I don’t have the strength I use to have, maybe you will have better luck. Give it a try. CJ

Jeff, I wanted to do the same. I couldn’t get mine to pull out. I was doing more harm than good. The new ones were hard enough to twist in. You can give it a try and twist the rod back and forth and pull. Being 83 yo, I don’t have the strength I use to have, maybe you will have better luck. Give it a try. CJ

I am running the later sun visors that have an inboard support. Love them.

Sunvisor_-_Angled.jpg.c1b839fd2d665fe3fa6c3d77b2c77484.jpg

I am running the later sun visors that have an inboard support. Love them.

I'll second the later style sun visor with the center support keeps them up nice and tight when not needed.

Paul

I'll second the later style sun visor with the center support keeps them up nice and tight when not needed.

Paul

Thanks guys for advices.

I was contemplating the newer style option… but you know my obsession for “as stock as possible”.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

So I’ll try to see how the original visors are stuck to their shaft.

They are pivoting but not sliding, what’s the secret.

If no solution to swap ‘em on new shafts without damaging everything, I’ll probably go for the newer style.

Cause having the sun visors acting as Renaissance Fan over our heads is a bit annoying.

Thanks guys for advices.

I was contemplating the newer style option… but you know my obsession for “as stock as possible”.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

So I’ll try to see how the original visors are stuck to their shaft.

They are pivoting but not sliding, what’s the secret.

If no solution to swap ‘em on new shafts without damaging everything, I’ll probably go for the newer style.

Cause having the sun visors acting as Renaissance Fan over our heads is a bit annoying.

I did the same thing of Darth, newer visors with the inboard support. Funny thing, when I had the headliner out, I found that the hole locations for the later visors were there as dimples, just not drilled. Same thing with the rear outboard shoulder belts, holes were there, lower ones had a rubber plug in them, uppers were hidden behind the trim. Since the crew cab rear wall is a standard cab rear wall, it was simply a matter of finding an extra set of front shoulder belts and tapping the holes for 7/16-20.

I did the same thing of Darth, newer visors with the inboard support. Funny thing, when I had the headliner out, I found that the hole locations for the later visors were there as dimples, just not drilled. Same thing with the rear outboard shoulder belts, holes were there, lower ones had a rubber plug in them, uppers were hidden behind the trim. Since the crew cab rear wall is a standard cab rear wall, it was simply a matter of finding an extra set of front shoulder belts and tapping the holes for 7/16-20.

Jeff the newer style visors look good and won't sag with the extra support keeping the visor up nice and tight to the headliner when folded up. The original style was such a pain and very annoying I'd never go back to the original style.

The newer style visors are a perfect match for color (at least the blue ones are) and you can find them with a vinyl covering or in material like they used on the headliner.

Paul

Jeff the newer style visors look good and won't sag with the extra support keeping the visor up nice and tight to the headliner when folded up. The original style was such a pain and very annoying I'd never go back to the original style.

The newer style visors are a perfect match for color (at least the blue ones are) and you can find them with a vinyl covering or in material like they used on the headliner.

Paul

:nabble_smiley_good:

Paul

Paul, I was leaning towards the newer style but I chickened out because I didn’t want to butcher my new headliner. There is a story behind that. CJ