Bullnose Forum

C6 transmission whining when hot and losing gears

I had some errands to run this evening near the transmission shop and I had known this but a little over 2 weeks and the Bronco is just sitting in their gated storage in the back. This shop did advise me beforehand that they try to prioritize jobs in the order below

1) Work trucks -- folks that cannot afford downtime

2) Daily drivers -- folks that need to go from point A to point B to take care of chores and family

3) Classic trucks -- folks that are just nuts :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'm sort of in between 2) and 3) really on my trucks

While it is true that I don't need my Bronco now (since I have a 02 Yukon now for my needs), I do enjoy driving it so hopefully they can get to it soon.

I did offer up help to remove the transmission and said I would bring my own tools, but they were concerned for liability reasons... 

I know I need to just be patient and I have no experience dealing with shops... maybe I should seek some insights from y'all

PS: I took a pic of this old advertisement. The phone number is still the same since 1967  :nabble_smiley_oh:

IMG_7356.thumb.JPG.d2d662b84cd5e30b597ab234896cc9fd.JPG

Edited by viven44
  • Like 1

be patient or pay to be prioritized. honestly when it comes to our old trucks, newer ones come first for most shops. we do old school repairs and resurrections and a few modern repairs. but everything takes way more time than I care for. I am impatient by nature when someone is waiting on me. all too often I myself am waiting on parts (everything seems to need to be ordered) or waiting for a block, head and or crankshaft to be completed at the machine shop like right now. 

4 minutes ago, mat in tn said:

be patient or pay to be prioritized. honestly when it comes to our old trucks, newer ones come first for most shops. we do old school repairs and resurrections and a few modern repairs. but everything takes way more time than I care for. I am impatient by nature when someone is waiting on me. all too often I myself am waiting on parts (everything seems to need to be ordered) or waiting for a block, head and or crankshaft to be completed at the machine shop like right now. 

Thanks Mat, I am planning to be patient.... this shop has been in business a long time and their lot is FULL. They have 81 reviews on google. All 5-star except 2 reviews where people said their trucks weren't attended-to quickly..... I do wish I lived in TN, I would have brought the Bronco to you for the trans rebuild, ha ha