Bullnose Forums

C6 transmission whining when hot and losing gears

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E5TH 7A095-BA ID# crosses to PN E5TZ 7A095-B. And that was used on 1983 & 4 F250's & 350's with a 7.5L & s C6. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks Gary!! Yes that ID vs part number business is too technical for me :nabble_smiley_wink:

And also, I'm a bit hesitant to "waste" that OE one by cutting and fitting as it is such a perfect fit on a Bullnose. I don't think another bullnose is off the table for me :nabble_smiley_wink:

I might start with an aftermarket one as it appears to come with the adapters hoses, etc.

Any recommendations on a good aftermarket trans cooler ??

Thanks Gary!! Yes that ID vs part number business is too technical for me :nabble_smiley_wink:

And also, I'm a bit hesitant to "waste" that OE one by cutting and fitting as it is such a perfect fit on a Bullnose. I don't think another bullnose is off the table for me :nabble_smiley_wink:

I might start with an aftermarket one as it appears to come with the adapters hoses, etc.

Any recommendations on a good aftermarket trans cooler ??

I've always liked Hayden coolers. But there are several good brands, including Derale.

I've always liked Hayden coolers. But there are several good brands, including Derale.

Thanks. I ordered one off Amazon just now. Comes with rubber hoses, clamps, etc.

I have also ordered a temp gauge (Bosch SP0F000053) that will tee-off the rubber Auxiliary cooler line.

Did all C6 transmissions come with an auxiliary cooler or only the ones on a Heavy Duty F250/F350 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I ordered one off Amazon just now. Comes with rubber hoses, clamps, etc.

I have also ordered a temp gauge (Bosch SP0F000053) that will tee-off the rubber Auxiliary cooler line.

Did all C6 transmissions come with an auxiliary cooler or only the ones on a Heavy Duty F250/F350 ?

For the C6 transmission rebuild for the Bronco, I am wanting to mimic what is in BB 2WD... previous owner (Rich) thinks this is what is in BB 2WD along with the torque converter from Oregon Performance transmission...

How would a kit like this do on the Bronco ?

https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/product/OPT-C6-RBHP.html

Bill, Would that also apply if yesterday I tried to manually go down to 1 and I couldn’t ? Wouldn’t a manual downshift to 1 have overridden the governor or shift valve?

Governor, yes, shift valve no. I have a diagram on the hydrauilc system:C6_hydraulic_system1.jpg.851115a080e55fb7a424cd79b9ff66ec.jpg

Here's the governor (I had on sticking on my 1977 F150 I put a 390 and C6 in place of the 300 and C4):

C6_governor1.thumb.jpg.6844cca069cd55e309b615a3a924affd.jpg

Governor, yes, shift valve no. I have a diagram on the hydrauilc system:

Here's the governor (I had on sticking on my 1977 F150 I put a 390 and C6 in place of the 300 and C4):

Thanks Bill, sounds like the 1-2 shift valve was stuck when my 1st gear didn't work....