Bullnose Forums

Time for A/C Rebuild

"So, my project stalled. I ended up hooking up one end of the broken cable back up to the blend door, and leaving the other end dangling on the floor on the pass side to open and close the door by hand. The most red neck thing I have ever done. But these are desperate times."

When you graduate up to a real redneck, you can hook some small vise grips to it to make it easier to grab! :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Gary the housing is completely shot—I think I posted in this thread a pic. The wire is thus ok, and in good condition.

I am interested in fabricating something if it could be done.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary the housing is completely shot—I think I posted in this thread a pic. The wire is thus ok, and in good condition.

Ok, you have an 84 with factory air. But one or two tanks? I'll see what I have.

Wow! That's great!

Glad it's coming together.

Given my cable woes, decided to put in the evap and accumulator today. Had to lockweld the foam to the temp blend door for it to seal. Vice grip idea sounds like a solution. I feel like I am going full on Florida now:nabble_smiley_super: Also, Whoever cut my heater hoses, did crappy job, but this works for now.

IMG_2917_copy.thumb.jpeg.df4e570d2c01e882e52a0ca8a6b57d55.jpeg

I don't have an HVAC control panel w/o the tank switch. But I may have the cable you need, although it isn't perfect. You can see the cable in the pic on the left, and it measures ~40". But as you can see in the pic on the right the tab is split. The tab hasn't come loose so it should work.

If you want it email me your address at janeyandgary@gmai.com and I'll try to get it off to you tomorrow.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154020/1980_-_82_HVAC_Cable.jpghttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154020/Closeup_of_1980_-_82_HVAC_Cable.jpg

Sending email to you today.

I might be able to plastic weld that top. Thank you Gary!

Cheers to you.

I don't have an HVAC control panel w/o the tank switch. But I may have the cable you need, although it isn't perfect. You can see the cable in the pic on the left, and it measures ~40". But as you can see in the pic on the right the tab is split. The tab hasn't come loose so it should work.

If you want it email me your address at janeyandgary@gmai.com and I'll try to get it off to you tomorrow.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154020/1980_-_82_HVAC_Cable.jpghttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n154020/Closeup_of_1980_-_82_HVAC_Cable.jpg

Sending email to you today.

I might be able to plastic weld that top. Thank you Gary!

Cheers to you.

I lied - forgot that this is a holiday so I can't ship it today. Tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

No worries Gary!

Here is the result of the two lines made at Diesel Parts garage. Made were the long looping suction line, with black/yellow wire going to the clutch, and the discharge line, which was a bit of a hiccup, but eventually we got it right.

I have got to get rid of that flexi hose! Looks hideous.

Tomorrow is the vac test, and that has me worried. Hoping for no leaks.

IMG_2922_copy.thumb.jpeg.8a9f23031e002c7a9bd32ece5b7ee648.jpeg

No worries Gary!

Here is the result of the two lines made at Diesel Parts garage. Made were the long looping suction line, with black/yellow wire going to the clutch, and the discharge line, which was a bit of a hiccup, but eventually we got it right.

I have got to get rid of that flexi hose! Looks hideous.

Tomorrow is the vac test, and that has me worried. Hoping for no leaks.

Well, I'm still worried as the cable is still on my work table. I don't know where to ship it! So if you sent me an email please do so again at janeyandgary@gmail.com.

By the way, I like your hose routing. In the early Bullnose years they went diagonally across the engine. Back to the firewall is MUCH better. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, I'm still worried as the cable is still on my work table. I don't know where to ship it! So if you sent me an email please do so again at janeyandgary@gmail.com.

By the way, I like your hose routing. In the early Bullnose years they went diagonally across the engine. Back to the firewall is MUCH better. :nabble_smiley_good:

I sent email on 27th! Resending.