Bullnose Forums

Time for A/C Rebuild

You wouldn't have part numbers by chance?

ROADBLOCK:

While i wait for the cable, I decided to see if everything mated up. Everything does but to the compressor. The threads a HUGE. It is like I need a erducer/adapter to smaller size. Even my #10 fittings are too small. Here is the compressor. Advice?

IMG_2900_copy.thumb.jpeg.d9de9b0b5247a3e50669e7777e8d1346.jpeg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROADBLOCK:

While i wait for the cable, I decided to see if everything mated up. Everything does but to the compressor. The threads a HUGE. It is like I need a erducer/adapter to smaller size. Even my #10 fittings are too small. Here is the compressor. Advice?

Update: OK, so I called around today and found myself at a Diesel repair shop where we have a guy around here who fabs up stuff all the time.

So, off the Compressor, is a large fitting, which he gave me a bead nut to test. It worked. I will get exact dimensions tomorrow when I go back. Now, as to the other end of the suction line: It is BIGGER Still. I think it is a #12 line nut off the accumulator.

—and so it goes…..:nabble_smiley_sad:

Basically I am going to end up with two lines where one starts at the compressor and ends up as #8 at the condensor. Oh and it needs a port on that line since it is the high pressure side.

Then I am going to have the compressor to the accumulator where it is something like in between an 11-12 and ends in a 12 line. Ugh.

Update of the Update:

OK, so we got everything fitted up today.

The compressor is a Bead or Turbo nut. The size of the accumulator, is indeed, a #12 line.

I will attempt to get everything together this weekend, and then, using bailing wire, fashion the lines, and take it to him for the build.

Will keep posted.

Update of the Update:

The compressor is a Bead or Turbo nut. The size of the accumulator, is indeed, a #12 line.

I will attempt to get everything together this weekend, and then, using bailing wire, fashion the lines, and take it to him for the build.

Will keep posted.

Wow! That's great!

Glad it's coming together.

Update of the Update:

Will keep posted.

Yes, that is great! :nabble_anim_claps:

But I was a little bit concerned when it looked like you were going to use bailing wire for hoses. However, I think you are going to use it to represent the hose lengths. Good idea!

Yes, that is great! :nabble_anim_claps:

But I was a little bit concerned when it looked like you were going to use bailing wire for hoses. However, I think you are going to use it to represent the hose lengths. Good idea!

Gary, he will probably need some chewing gum to go with the bailing wire. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I am pretty convinced Gary chews baling wire and spits tacks!:nabble_quote]

I'm not sure about the tacks, but I've used my share of bailing wire:

Bummer about the cable. Is the center wire broken but the housing is ok? If so maybe a lawnmower should can put a new wire in it. Someone else on here was able to have that done.

I'm not sure about the tacks, but I've used my share of bailing wire. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Bummer about the cable. Is the center wire broken but the housing is ok? If so maybe a lawnmower should can put a new wire in it. Someone else on here was able to have that done.

My thought Gary. Worst case buy a cheap choke cable with enough length to do the job.

I am pretty convinced Gary chews baling wire and spits tacks!:nabble_quote]

<b>:

When you graduate up to a real redneck, you can hook some small vise grips to it to make it easier to grab! :nabble_smiley_teeth: