Bullnose Forums

1983 1BBL Carter AOD Question

it's possible. it's not a diagnosis. just something to check. as much as I love these trucks and old cars in general. there is something that we deal with. NOTHING fits like the originals and so many modern replacements come from wherever, some things don't translate fully. just last week another here was dealing with mis fitting engine mounts.

Understood. I just went through motor mounts on my 91 and am in the process of repairing the trans mount brace aswell as replacing the trans mount (weather and time are deciding that progress)

That being said my 91s replacement motor mounts required some modifications to make them work. That was the main reason I asked if there was a preferred manufacturer. I'll start shopping around. Motor mounts were on the list for the 83 so I might as well check that off to rule them out.

Understood. I just went through motor mounts on my 91 and am in the process of repairing the trans mount brace aswell as replacing the trans mount (weather and time are deciding that progress)

That being said my 91s replacement motor mounts required some modifications to make them work. That was the main reason I asked if there was a preferred manufacturer. I'll start shopping around. Motor mounts were on the list for the 83 so I might as well check that off to rule them out.

I have seen varied results even when staying with the same brands. in many cases I find the same import parts sold under many different brands. it's a bit discouraging.

Now that is very interesting. That is a great piece of advice. I can say visually they do have minor cracks noticeable. I will gladly order brand new motor and trans mounts. Does anyone have a manufacturer they prefer for the 300s?

Per a review of my 2020 Rockauto purchase history, I installed Anchor 2441 and 2442 mounts when I rebuilt my 300 and they've been great since then. Fit great.

The transmission mount is a Westar EM2448... bought at the same time but for reasons I can't fully remember (couldn't break bolts loose?) I didn't replace it until a lot later. No issues that I can remember either.

Per a review of my 2020 Rockauto purchase history, I installed Anchor 2441 and 2442 mounts when I rebuilt my 300 and they've been great since then. Fit great.

The transmission mount is a Westar EM2448... bought at the same time but for reasons I can't fully remember (couldn't break bolts loose?) I didn't replace it until a lot later. No issues that I can remember either.

Thank you very much for the information. Did you notice anything goofy prior to replacement of the mounts?

Thank you very much for the information. Did you notice anything goofy prior to replacement of the mounts?

Old and cracked. Hadn't failed yet (at the time of the engine job) but no sense setting a refreshed engine on worn mounts.