Bullnose Forums

I would gladly give $3500 if they ditched the body lift first.

I’m not familiar with A/T 4x4.

Q1- I suppose the floor stick is for 2x4 4x4 switching?

Q2- How does it work, needs to be Park or Neutral in order to change the 4x4 mode?

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

I’m not familiar with A/T 4x4.

Q1- I suppose the floor stick is for 2x4 4x4 switching?

Q2- How does it work, needs to be Park or Neutral in order to change the 4x4 mode?

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Yes, and yes. Originally that shifter would have had a black knob with an insert that showed 2HI/4HI/N/4LO. And yes, when shifting to 4LO you need to stop and be in Neutral. But you can shift between 2HI and 4HI w/o stopping - I think.

IMG_2154-scaled.jpeg.250c042c798901fcad9fd6c65efb0104.jpeg

Was it a diesel at one time that was converted to gas? I'd like to see the certification label:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Looks like it has a diesel instrument cluster and instrument cluster bezel. They could have been swapped in too though.

Was it a diesel at one time that was converted to gas? I'd like to see the certification label:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Looks like it has a diesel instrument cluster and instrument cluster bezel. They could have been swapped in too though.

What makes you say that? Other than having a non-OD shift needle, looks like the same instrument cluster as my 1984 300 had stock (no tach, 0-85mph speedometer). The only diesel-specific things I know of are different tach options, a slower speedometer (mainly on medium duties), and possibly a glow plug light (which would have been a swap for the shift light, if memory serves).

What makes you say that? Other than having a non-OD shift needle, looks like the same instrument cluster as my 1984 300 had stock (no tach, 0-85mph speedometer). The only diesel-specific things I know of are different tach options, a slower speedometer (mainly on medium duties), and possibly a glow plug light (which would have been a swap for the shift light, if memory serves).

I believe it's the glow plug and water in fuel lights in the lower right dash where the cubby hole could be.