Bullnose Forums

FLARESIDE 3 ON THE TREE JUST LISTED

Pretty! It even has at least the passenger's sliding door lock intact, which is rare. And the dash cover looks good. So it appears to have been well taken care of.

Not sure about the 3 on the tree, but that could be changed. An M5OD would work very well with the 302.

Pretty! It even has at least the passenger's sliding door lock intact, which is rare. And the dash cover looks good. So it appears to have been well taken care of.

Not sure about the 3 on the tree, but that could be changed. An M5OD would work very well with the 302.

Maybe I haven't been looking, but that is the first 3 on the tree bullnose I have seen. Is that factory or did he do that custom?

Maybe I haven't been looking, but that is the first 3 on the tree bullnose I have seen. Is that factory or did he do that custom?

Probably factory. That would have been the base transmission. That truck doesn't look to have many options. Plain and simple makes for a neat truck.

My 1984 came with factory 3 on the tree, and I've since converted it to the M5OD 5spd. The 3 on the tree was optional on the Bullnose right up until 1986, but I'd say it was pretty rare in the 1980's...becoming progressively more rare as the years went on. This is why parts for the Bullnose 3 on the tree column are ALL obsolete, and have been since the 1990's. I did see a 3 on the tree Bullnose column on Ebay the other day for $550 (the first for sale that I've seen). I've seen the odd 3-on-the-tree Bullnose on Craigslist, but they're not common at all.

PS: Ford was the second last manufacturer to retire the 3-on-the-tree option. Chevrolet still offered it in 1987, but retired it that year. A co-worker of mine in the early 1990's had a 1987 Chevy 2wd with the 4.3 V6 and 3 on the tree trans.

My 1984 came with factory 3 on the tree, and I've since converted it to the M5OD 5spd. The 3 on the tree was optional on the Bullnose right up until 1986, but I'd say it was pretty rare in the 1980's...becoming progressively more rare as the years went on. This is why parts for the Bullnose 3 on the tree column are ALL obsolete, and have been since the 1990's. I did see a 3 on the tree Bullnose column on Ebay the other day for $550 (the first for sale that I've seen). I've seen the odd 3-on-the-tree Bullnose on Craigslist, but they're not common at all.

PS: Ford was the second last manufacturer to retire the 3-on-the-tree option. Chevrolet still offered it in 1987, but retired it that year. A co-worker of mine in the early 1990's had a 1987 Chevy 2wd with the 4.3 V6 and 3 on the tree trans.

Nice, but 'taint original, rebuild/paint.......

Probably factory. That would have been the base transmission. That truck doesn't look to have many options. Plain and simple makes for a neat truck.

Interesting. I was wondering if the 3 on the tree was base or optional.

So was the 300/6 the base engine offering?

My '84 was pretty close to being an option-less model. The only two options on the truck would be the step up to the oil pressure and amp gauges, and the 302 V8 (assuming the 300/6 was the base offering?). I can't think of anything else on the truck that isn't base, unless the front and rear chrome bumpers were a step up from painted black?

The trucks that had the "idiot lights" in the dash still had the analog temp gauge right? It was just the oil and amp that were idiot lights? Or was it all three of them besides the gas gauge?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you see this little F truck north of you in Indiana for $1000 bucks? Not a bad looking little truck...has some rust of course, a whole bunch of new parts, runs good, but no title...

Not sure how you guys get around that in the US. It's a show stopper for me.

44136667_10217337914266039_3676917280152748032_n.jpg.955d9cf98e9504eecf4c061ba497ebb0.jpg