Bullnose Forums

saginaw pump question

okay, my power steering is screaming at me like the world's ending and im losing patience, as are the neighbors, im sure.

i know im reading that the saginaw pump from the 1980s e-series are the go-to solution but that the brackets are hard to come by. additionally, ive been struggling in general with old ford sections of junkyards in my area. id be willing to spend a little bit more on some aftermarket/fabricated brackets to fix the issue but i want to make sure i get the right thing.

i have an 86 with the inline 6. can somebody give me a good link or some good advice on what brackets im looking for?

Maybe you should consider one of the newer pumps. There's one with upgraded C-II internals that supposedly doesn't whine, and a C-II case with Saginaw internals. You can see them here. Either should use your existing brackets and hoses.

Maybe you should consider one of the newer pumps. There's one with upgraded C-II internals that supposedly doesn't whine, and a C-II case with Saginaw internals. You can see them here. Either should use your existing brackets and hoses.

thank you so much gary! i was also going to ask (but forgot) if the e series pumps are the best alternative in general or just the best alternative if we're junkyard pickin. without having had a lot of luck, i do think this is something im willing to purchase new to have it done.

thank you so much gary! i was also going to ask (but forgot) if the e series pumps are the best alternative in general or just the best alternative if we're junkyard pickin. without having had a lot of luck, i do think this is something im willing to purchase new to have it done.

I don't know that the Saginaw is that much better in normal usage than the C-II. But it won't spew ATF if you turn the wheel when the engine is off, and doesn't growl like a C-II.

So those new designs are well worth consideration.