Bullnose Forums

Discussions From Testing InVision Platform

Sorry Gary, was online early this morning but on the road after. So I'm reading at your notes right now.

Also, I'm going to clean up the descriptions of our sub-forums in Nabble so when the conversion is done there won't be as much cleanup to do.

Good idea. We'll have enough job in order to fine tune the way InVision works, so all tasks that can be done upstream in Nabble will free up time for tweaking InVision to match our needs.

But I think I'll start by getting it the way I think we want it to look on Invision and then put that in Nabble. Does that make sense?

Yep, but how sure can we be certain that the conversion process itself will not result with nasty surprises.

For example, the various InVision fonts for same kind of descriptions... could it somehow come from Nabble..?

We can't be sure, but to this point Invision has done a good job picking up the font from Nabble. So I think they will next round.

But I think I've found another problem. The Picture Gallery doesn't appear to have come through. I've done a bunch of searching and can't find it in the Invision conversion.

Also, can some of y'all take a look to see that I've hidden the Admin Only and Administrative Area sub-forums properly? Members shouldn't be able to see them, only admins and moderators. Here's what I see but you shouldn't see the two circled in red.

Admin_View_Of_Main_Page.thumb.jpg.9ced5872376245367a37f4ca46721775.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think I've found another problem. The Picture Gallery doesn't appear to have come through. I've done a bunch of searching and can't find it in the Invision conversion.

Ok, I know this situation isn't funny... but I'll mimic a good friend: bummer!

Hopping InVision techs will explain that missing.

Also, can some of y'all take a look to see that I've hidden the Admin Only and Administrative Area sub-forums properly? Members shouldn't be able to see them, only admins and moderators. Here's what I see but you shouldn't see the two circled in red.

I confirm Captain, Regular Joes do not see them:

IMG_1308.thumb.jpeg.faf504bbfc4c1c80c92a4573579f2ec1.jpeg

Ok, I know this situation isn't funny... but I'll mimic a good friend: bummer!

Hopping InVision techs will explain that missing.

I confirm Captain, Regular Joes do not see them:

Perfect! Thanks!

Gary, I noticed that this space is larger for «New Members Start Here» than other topics.

Something that comes from Nabble and needs to be fixed now?

Jeff - I'm pretty sure it is because we have this as the description for NMSH on Nabble. And that is done with a lot of fancy formatting. Somehow that fancy formatting gets brought over to Invision and I can't get rid of it.

I think we want to keep the verbiage until we move to Invision, but maybe I should take out the formatting and make it simple?

NMSH_Verbiage.thumb.jpg.64736d3dcb8a4da954830266d9d05330.jpg

Jeff - I'm pretty sure it is because we have this as the description for NMSH on Nabble. And that is done with a lot of fancy formatting. Somehow that fancy formatting gets brought over to Invision and I can't get rid of it.

I think we want to keep the verbiage until we move to Invision, but maybe I should take out the formatting and make it simple?

Gary, IMHO, we should have a minimum verbiage there, at least the guidelines.

Well, until we find a way where each new member has no choice to read at them (and ideally agree) before being able to post.

But others can have different opinion...

Well, until we find a way where each new member has no choice to read at them (and ideally agree) before being able to post.

ABOUT HYPERLINKS

Gary, I found that, if I click on a hyperlink (testing InVision) which refers to another topic, this target topic opens in Nabble.

I am wondering if they will open in InVision after the move.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

EDIT:

For example, this thread:

Capture_dcran_le_2024-08-25__14.jpg.977b8ae017231c4ecb36b563330a260b.jpg

ABOUT HYPERLINKS

Gary, I found that, if I click on a hyperlink (testing InVision) which refers to another topic, this target topic opens in Nabble.

I am wondering if they will open in InVision after the move.

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

EDIT:

For example, this thread:

Yes, all of the links within the forum currently go back to Nabble. For instance my links in my signature. But Stuart, the guy at Invision that is doing the conversion, assures me they'll point at Invision and the right threads and topics after the conversion.

Jeff - I kept this as a separate response as I wanted to discuss it by itself. I've learned more about what we can and cannot do on the registration process, so I'm going to post a question in the main section to get everyone's opinion on it. I'll tag you on it when I do, later this afternoon.

Yes, all of the links within the forum currently go back to Nabble. For instance my links in my signature. But Stuart, the guy at Invision that is doing the conversion, assures me they'll point at Invision and the right threads and topics after the conversion.

:nabble_smiley_good: