Bullnose Forums

Discussions From Testing InVision Platform

Roger Captain!

Going to try it right now!

:nabble_smiley_super:

OK, here's how it works:

1- Depending of the width of your browser window, you will see a "drop menu" icon, or some text (up right corner). Select «Sign Up»:

A.jpg.5c1148657900ad2c1e02b15dbfc70fa0.jpg

B.jpg.996d252c56a201c1dff029bf753c3490.jpg

2- Then, complete the required information fields:

C.jpg.9c36c10823b315ba388f66319b6cb525.jpg

Note that, when I clicked on "Terms of Use" link, I got this empty box.

I suppose it is the right place to put some members rules?

D.jpg.a48a031d29ae2fcacc5669bf17f308d8.jpg

3- So, I clicked «I agree» checkbox, and I got a message asking to look at my emails in order to validate my new account.

E.jpg.8d7e5caa75736b372656d199c586aabb.jpg

4- Went verify my emails, and found thais one:

F.jpg.27135b26dbf0b27d96df74900ef25497.jpg

5- Clicked «Validate my Email address», and the final step was to validate my account in the browser window that automatically appeared. Done, my account is setup.

G.jpg.02d2bc4cab10c179b0d0b72f9bed3821.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's how it works:

1- Depending of the width of your browser window, you will see a "drop menu" icon, or some text (up right corner). Select «Sign Up»:

2- Then, complete the required information fields:

Note that, when I clicked on "Terms of Use" link, I got this empty box.

I suppose it is the right place to put some members rules?

3- So, I clicked «I agree» checkbox, and I got a message asking to look at my emails in order to validate my new account.

4- Went verify my emails, and found thais one:

5- Clicked «Validate my Email address», and the final step was to validate my account in the browser window that automatically appeared. Done, my account is setup.

Continuing the "new member process".

I posted my first thread without any obligation to read and agree to Forum rules.

And I did not have to present myself neither:

H.jpg.4f80aabca16e8c33e6d9285087fdefa1.jpg

Immediately after posting, I received a message:

I.jpg.fadcecb371a25936498c2c66b960330b.jpg

So, would be nice to find a way that any new member must COMFIRM he/she read the rules, and goes automatically through a "present yourself" process before being able to post.

Continuing the "new member process".

I posted my first thread without any obligation to read and agree to Forum rules.

And I did not have to present myself neither:

Immediately after posting, I received a message:

So, would be nice to find a way that any new member must COMFIRM he/she read the rules, and goes automatically through a "present yourself" process before being able to post.

Ok, thanks. Not what I'd hoped for but it doesn't surprise me. This place is complicated! Lots and lots of capabilities.

Ok, thanks. Not what I'd hoped for but it doesn't surprise me. This place is complicated! Lots and lots of capabilities.

I think I found where the guidelines need to go in the registration process and put them there. And in order to see if I did it right I set it up to require all of us to accept the guidelines the next time we log in. I hit refresh and go the popup below.

And this is in Settings/Terms & Privacy Policy.

Guidelines_-_I_agree.jpg.44832d8623e9b958cdb20fd2006659ac.jpg

I think I found where the guidelines need to go in the registration process and put them there. And in order to see if I did it right I set it up to require all of us to accept the guidelines the next time we log in. I hit refresh and go the popup below.

And this is in Settings/Terms & Privacy Policy.

It works Gary.

:nabble_anim_claps:

I tried my two IDs and I had to agree before going further.

:nabble_smiley_good:

It works Gary.

:nabble_anim_claps:

I tried my two IDs and I had to agree before going further.

:nabble_smiley_good:

The only weak side is that we do not HAVE to read at these rules... Just checking the "I agree to the Terms of use" box is enough.

Same as any other software contract that everybody check without reading.

I tested it with a brand new user (Jeff-Tester-2), I didn't read the rules and just checked the box...

The only weak side is that we do not HAVE to read at these rules... Just checking the "I agree to the Terms of use" box is enough.

Same as any other software contract that everybody check without reading.

I tested it with a brand new user (Jeff-Tester-2), I didn't read the rules and just checked the box...

So it doesn't pop the guidelines up when you register? You can just tick the box? Bummer!

When I turned on the force-everyone-to-accept-the-guidelines button it popped them up and I had to accept them before I could do anything else.

I'll check to see if I'm missing something that would force that to happen to a newbie.

So it doesn't pop the guidelines up when you register? You can just tick the box? Bummer!

When I turned on the force-everyone-to-accept-the-guidelines button it popped them up and I had to accept them before I could do anything else.

I'll check to see if I'm missing something that would force that to happen to a newbie.

Was looking for how to force people to see the guidelines during the registration process and saw the notice below. Doesn't look like we can force the new members into the New Member group. And if that is true we may not be able to restrict their first post(s) to the New Members Start Here folder. :nabble_anim_confused:

New_Members_Placed_In_Members_Group.thumb.jpg.0df030130bab0c6d26b5af829514b322.jpg

Was looking for how to force people to see the guidelines during the registration process and saw the notice below. Doesn't look like we can force the new members into the New Member group. And if that is true we may not be able to restrict their first post(s) to the New Members Start Here folder. :nabble_anim_confused:

I've posted on the Invision help forum to see if anyone can tell me how to get the guidelines to pop up when a newbie joins. Or how to put a newbie into the New Members group instead of the Members group. That was earlier today and no joy yet. But maybe. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Also, I'm going to clean up the descriptions of our sub-forums in Nabble so when the conversion is done there won't be as much cleanup to do. But I think I'll start by getting it the way I think we want it to look on Invision and then put that in Nabble. Does that make sense?

I've posted on the Invision help forum to see if anyone can tell me how to get the guidelines to pop up when a newbie joins. Or how to put a newbie into the New Members group instead of the Members group. That was earlier today and no joy yet. But maybe. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Also, I'm going to clean up the descriptions of our sub-forums in Nabble so when the conversion is done there won't be as much cleanup to do. But I think I'll start by getting it the way I think we want it to look on Invision and then put that in Nabble. Does that make sense?

Sorry Gary, was online early this morning but on the road after. So I'm reading at your notes right now.

Also, I'm going to clean up the descriptions of our sub-forums in Nabble so when the conversion is done there won't be as much cleanup to do.

Good idea. We'll have enough job in order to fine tune the way InVision works, so all tasks that can be done upstream in Nabble will free up time for tweaking InVision to match our needs.

But I think I'll start by getting it the way I think we want it to look on Invision and then put that in Nabble. Does that make sense?

Yep, but how sure can we be certain that the conversion process itself will not result with nasty surprises.

For example, the various InVision fonts for same kind of descriptions... could it somehow come from Nabble..?