Bullnose Forums

Discussions From Testing InVision Platform

Ok, viven44 is now an admin so should be able to see things. But don't log into the adminCP, meaning admin control panel.

Yes sir, I am not comfortable being an Admin... Not much of a leader, only a humble servant / soldier :nabble_anim_handshake:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sir, I am not comfortable being an Admin... Not much of a leader, only a humble servant / soldier :nabble_anim_handshake:

At the point only admins can see the forum. I may be able to change that, but haven't figured it out yet.

At the point only admins can see the forum. I may be able to change that, but haven't figured it out yet.

I think its looking really good!

I just couldn't figure out where the 'reply' button was... but I think you noted the same. Work in progress :nabble_smiley_super:

I think its looking really good!

I just couldn't figure out where the 'reply' button was... but I think you noted the same. Work in progress :nabble_smiley_super:

Lol, until now I just payed attention on the "how it looks" side. And didn't find a lot of bugs, transferring Nabble into InVision seems to be a success.

But Vivek is correct. I'm now focusing on "how it works"... and it doesn't: We can't reply.

We can't even create a new topic:

IMG_1281.jpeg.19363d12112eee535b8541d166819f2f.jpeg

Strange, the "action" submenu varies, not always the same:

IMG_1279.thumb.jpeg.a8ac38826a17f637f5612bb1b7e00008.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg.e084a321418ee77e9f531fb7489f33e3.jpeg

Gary, I was curious so I went to the "Old Invision Test" we made earlier this year. It's completely locked and this famous submenu is really short. I suppose it's normal:

IMG_1277.jpeg.c2461ae85f54b226a1a0c8eaaf514033.jpeg

So I suspect that it has nothing to see with the conversion of or Nabble contents, but it's more on the InVision control panel that you have to look.

Lol, until now I just payed attention on the "how it looks" side. And didn't find a lot of bugs, transferring Nabble into InVision seems to be a success.

But Vivek is correct. I'm now focusing on "how it works"... and it doesn't: We can't reply.

We can't even create a new topic:

Strange, the "action" submenu varies, not always the same:

Gary, I was curious so I went to the "Old Invision Test" we made earlier this year. It's completely locked and this famous submenu is really short. I suppose it's normal:

So I suspect that it has nothing to see with the conversion of or Nabble contents, but it's more on the InVision control panel that you have to look.

Right. We can't do anything, although I can edit feature via the adminCP.

I've asked Stuart about the lack of posting but haven't gotten a response. But so far he's said he's addressed all the things we've found. I hope so! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Right. We can't do anything, although I can edit feature via the adminCP.

I've asked Stuart about the lack of posting but haven't gotten a response. But so far he's said he's addressed all the things we've found. I hope so! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Question:

When we'll be able to test the "how it works" side, will these "reply posts" and "new topics" tests remain alter the the tests will end and the final Nabble transfer/conversion will be 100% effective?

Or maybe all the tests we will make in InVision between now and then will just be lost?

Question:

When we'll be able to test the "how it works" side, will these "reply posts" and "new topics" tests remain alter the the tests will end and the final Nabble transfer/conversion will be 100% effective?

Or maybe all the tests we will make in InVision between now and then will just be lost?

Everything done on Invision 'twixt now and then will get overwritten by the new conversion. That apparently includes the parameters we set up.

And one of those parameters is Attachment limits: AdminCP > Members > Member Groups > Edit (pencil icon) > Content tab > Total maximum storage. This increases the amount of storage each member can use for attachments. Default appears to be 500 Mb and I've used 6x that already. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Everything done on Invision 'twixt now and then will get overwritten by the new conversion. That apparently includes the parameters we set up.

And one of those parameters is Attachment limits: AdminCP > Members > Member Groups > Edit (pencil icon) > Content tab > Total maximum storage. This increases the amount of storage each member can use for attachments. Default appears to be 500 Mb and I've used 6x that already. :nabble_smiley_blush:

"Betwix", new word in my English vocabulary!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Ok Gary, so you'll have to write down all the tweaks and settings that these tests will point out as necessary... ´cause when the flight tests will be done and the plane will be ready to take off with all its passengers aboard, we'll not have much time to setup the control panel.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Ok Gary, so you'll have to write down all the tweaks and settings that these tests will point out as necessary... ´cause when the flight tests will be done and the plane will be ready to take off with all its passengers aboard, we'll not have much time to setup the control panel.

:nabble_smiley_evil:

Betwixt is an OLD English word, and 'twixt is an abbreviation thereof. Few know it and fewer still use it. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Yes, I have 7 pages of handwritten notes on what the parameters are/were. But I'm confused as they don't seem to have been changed or reset so far. :nabble_anim_confused: