Bullnose Forums

Discussions From Testing InVision Platform

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart @ Invision put the migrated Nabble forum up for us to test today. It is at this URL.

Here are some things I've noticed so far:

It takes 1 to 2 seconds to load a WHYDTYTT page on Invision and 16+ seconds on Nabble

So far the pictures and videos on Nabble appear to have come across correctly

• ORDER: The order of sub-forums is not the same as on the Nabble forum. And not all of the sub-forms came across the same way. Nabble starts Forum/Website Plans & Funding, then New Members Start Here, then Resources & How-To's. But Invision is Garage/Shop & Tools, then Projects, then Resources & How-To's. So it skipped the first two and re-ordered the others.

• New Member Start Here doesn't appear to have been treated as a sub-forum. It has the guidelines & suggestions included with it.

In Projects Jeff's Big Brother's Transformation is a sub-forum with threads in it. And that is actually correct.

In the first post of Big Blue's Transformation I have 9 embedded documents that didn't come over

In the 2nd post of Big Blue's Transformation the bullets didn't come across, and I didn't use HTML to do that, just the Nabble Formatting tab

And in the 3rd post of Big Blue's Transformation the indenting didn't come over, and it was done via the Formatting button.

Then the 4th post of Big Blue's Transformation was actually done with HTML. It worked fairly well although an embedded document is completely missing.

The links in my signature take you to posts on the Nabble forum. Shouldn't they go to the same post on the Invision version?

When I edit a post that came over from Nabble I get this message: You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space.

I can't reply to any post in the migrated forum. If I go to the Test Invision Forum in the menu I'm offered the option to reply. But not in the migrated forum.

I think that's enough for tonight.

Stuart @ Invision put the migrated Nabble forum up for us to test today. It is at this URL.

Here are some things I've noticed so far:

It takes 1 to 2 seconds to load a WHYDTYTT page on Invision and 16+ seconds on Nabble

So far the pictures and videos on Nabble appear to have come across correctly

• ORDER: The order of sub-forums is not the same as on the Nabble forum. And not all of the sub-forms came across the same way. Nabble starts Forum/Website Plans & Funding, then New Members Start Here, then Resources & How-To's. But Invision is Garage/Shop & Tools, then Projects, then Resources & How-To's. So it skipped the first two and re-ordered the others.

• New Member Start Here doesn't appear to have been treated as a sub-forum. It has the guidelines & suggestions included with it.

In Projects Jeff's Big Brother's Transformation is a sub-forum with threads in it. And that is actually correct.

In the first post of Big Blue's Transformation I have 9 embedded documents that didn't come over

In the 2nd post of Big Blue's Transformation the bullets didn't come across, and I didn't use HTML to do that, just the Nabble Formatting tab

And in the 3rd post of Big Blue's Transformation the indenting didn't come over, and it was done via the Formatting button.

Then the 4th post of Big Blue's Transformation was actually done with HTML. It worked fairly well although an embedded document is completely missing.

The links in my signature take you to posts on the Nabble forum. Shouldn't they go to the same post on the Invision version?

When I edit a post that came over from Nabble I get this message: You have used all of the attachment space you are allowed. Manage Attachments to free up space.

I can't reply to any post in the migrated forum. If I go to the Test Invision Forum in the menu I'm offered the option to reply. But not in the migrated forum.

I think that's enough for tonight.

If I remember correctly, you stated that accounts would be migrated, but passwords would not carry over. I submitted the "Forgot Password" request, but have yet to receive an email for the reset after the "few minutes" the website told me to wait. I've checked all of my junk folders and nothing there either.

I attempted the password reset again, but it came back with some dialog essentially stating that I've already submitted a request, so it knows that I sent a request. Maybe I'll get the response next month? :nabble_anim_confused:

If I remember correctly, you stated that accounts would be migrated, but passwords would not carry over. I submitted the "Forgot Password" request, but have yet to receive an email for the reset after the "few minutes" the website told me to wait. I've checked all of my junk folders and nothing there either.

I attempted the password reset again, but it came back with some dialog essentially stating that I've already submitted a request, so it knows that I sent a request. Maybe I'll get the response next month? :nabble_anim_confused:

Right. They have emails disabled at the moment so you won't get anything. But I finally got on with my previous password for the Invision forum. So please give that a try.

But, there was some mention that only administrators could see it, so I'm not 100% sure you'll see it even if you get logged on. Be sure to use this URL: https://i331881.invisionservice.com/

But, there was some mention that only administrators could see it, so I'm not 100% sure you'll see it even if you get logged on. Be sure to use this URL: https://i331881.invisionservice.com/

Gary, seems that I'm trapped in the "old" InVision testing forum.

Using this url, I can login and my password works but... I do not see the Nabble transferred content. I just see the tests we made last spring.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Gary, seems that I'm trapped in the "old" InVision testing forum.

Using this url, I can login and my password works but... I do not see the Nabble transferred content. I just see the tests we made last spring.

:nabble_anim_confused:

You are using the URL above, right? I think the problem is that Stuart, the guy from Invision, said that "Currently the new content is set so the Administrator group can see it." I'll promote you....

Done. You are now Sir Bro and have access to the admin control panel - but don't go there and there won't be a problem.

So refresh and you should see it.

You are using the URL above, right? I think the problem is that Stuart, the guy from Invision, said that "Currently the new content is set so the Administrator group can see it." I'll promote you....

Done. You are now Sir Bro and have access to the admin control panel - but don't go there and there won't be a problem.

So refresh and you should see it.

I'm rethinking what I'm seeing and here's what I think now:

ATTACHMENTS:

Apparently there is a limit on the amount of storage each of us can have for attachments. For instance, I get the message "You have used 2.92 GB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit." So that limit needs to be adjusted as it prevents me from posting, but I can't find where it is in the setup. And, I'd bet that will raise our monthly cost.

SUB-FORUMS:

• Order: The sub-forums did not come over in the order we have them in on Nabble. But that is an easy fix in the adminCP.

• Verbiage: Invision treats the "description" of a sub-forum differently than Nabble does. On Nabble the description is hidden until you enter/click on the sub-forum. On Invision you see the description of each sub-forum when you enter the forum. So when you go to the Bullnose Forum on Invision it looks ugly 'cause the descriptions take up way too much space. (For instance, Forum/Website Plans & Funding includes the funding thermometers.) I don't know if there is anything that Stuart of Invision can do about that, but it wouldn't be that hard to fix, either before the conversion or after.

FORMATTING:

LINKS:

• The links in my signature on Invision take you to posts on the Nabble forum. They should go to the same post on the Invision version

I'm rethinking what I'm seeing and here's what I think now:

ATTACHMENTS:

Apparently there is a limit on the amount of storage each of us can have for attachments. For instance, I get the message "You have used 2.92 GB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit." So that limit needs to be adjusted as it prevents me from posting, but I can't find where it is in the setup. And, I'd bet that will raise our monthly cost.

SUB-FORUMS:

• Order: The sub-forums did not come over in the order we have them in on Nabble. But that is an easy fix in the adminCP.

• Verbiage: Invision treats the "description" of a sub-forum differently than Nabble does. On Nabble the description is hidden until you enter/click on the sub-forum. On Invision you see the description of each sub-forum when you enter the forum. So when you go to the Bullnose Forum on Invision it looks ugly 'cause the descriptions take up way too much space. (For instance, Forum/Website Plans & Funding includes the funding thermometers.) I don't know if there is anything that Stuart of Invision can do about that, but it wouldn't be that hard to fix, either before the conversion or after.

FORMATTING:

LINKS:

• The links in my signature on Invision take you to posts on the Nabble forum. They should go to the same post on the Invision version

Gary, about the formatting... Is it too soon to discuss about it?

Is there a way to "standardize" the font size on the main page?

We're jumping from big to small, bold, medium, etc.

Arrows are pointing some examples:

Capture_dcran_le_2024-08-21__12.thumb.jpg.b26aab855742311219ec07da07be7649.jpg

Gary, about the formatting... Is it too soon to discuss about it?

Is there a way to "standardize" the font size on the main page?

We're jumping from big to small, bold, medium, etc.

Arrows are pointing some examples:

Jeff - I don't know if it is too early or not. But you are seeing the same thing I saw, which prompted me to say:

Invision treats the "description" of a sub-forum differently than Nabble does. On Nabble the description is hidden until you enter/click on the sub-forum. On Invision you see the description of each sub-forum when you enter the forum. So when you go to the Bullnose Forum on Invision it looks ugly 'cause the descriptions take up way too much space. (For instance, Forum/Website Plans & Funding includes the funding thermometers.) I don't know if there is anything that Stuart of Invision can do about that, but it wouldn't be that hard to fix, either before the conversion or after.

In your example, while the fonts are different in New Members Start Here, I don't think we should be seeing much of that text at all. If you compare the Nabble home page to the Invision home page you'll see that Nabble just has the name of the folder or thread where Invision has the description of the folder or the first 3 lines of the last post in a thread. I suspect that we can change the amount of description that is shown.

But we will need to figure out how we want to do this. I'm going to play with it and see what can be done. :nabble_anim_working:

Jeff - I don't know if it is too early or not. But you are seeing the same thing I saw, which prompted me to say:

Invision treats the "description" of a sub-forum differently than Nabble does. On Nabble the description is hidden until you enter/click on the sub-forum. On Invision you see the description of each sub-forum when you enter the forum. So when you go to the Bullnose Forum on Invision it looks ugly 'cause the descriptions take up way too much space. (For instance, Forum/Website Plans & Funding includes the funding thermometers.) I don't know if there is anything that Stuart of Invision can do about that, but it wouldn't be that hard to fix, either before the conversion or after.

In your example, while the fonts are different in New Members Start Here, I don't think we should be seeing much of that text at all. If you compare the Nabble home page to the Invision home page you'll see that Nabble just has the name of the folder or thread where Invision has the description of the folder or the first 3 lines of the last post in a thread. I suspect that we can change the amount of description that is shown.

But we will need to figure out how we want to do this. I'm going to play with it and see what can be done. :nabble_anim_working:

Curious... The gif icons transferred from the Nabble forum, sometimes they work and sometimes not (there's a hyperlink for the gif icon, you have to click on it to see the icon moving).

IMG_1189.jpeg.0ec2874ba8e51a85f7df6ef02ad0ebcf.jpeg

IMG_1191.jpeg.66a4006f9aebc86b4ec66b133901e5d2.jpeg