Bullnose Forums

Tach problems

Nope, I got the correct connector.

One thing I forgot to mention is when I did get the tach to work for a bit when I did the swap it was about 500 rpm off. That was when I was testing it with jumper wires. I’ll still check the wires and fuse.

One thing I forgot to mention is when I did get the tach to work for a bit when I did the swap it was about 500 rpm off. That was when I was testing it with jumper wires. I’ll still check the wires and fuse.

Was it reading low or high?

An always 500 RPM or does it get worse as the engine is revved up? Does the tach have a cylinder selector switch, ie 4, 6, 8, 10 etc. If it does, is it set for 6 cyl.

It was a consistent 500 rpm high. All I know about the factory tachs is it depends on the wire it’s hooked up to. I traced the circuit on the back of the cluster and for 6 cylinder you wire up the green and black wire and for 8 cylinder you wire in the green and yellow wire as a second ground. I have it wired in to the green and black now.

It was a consistent 500 rpm high. All I know about the factory tachs is it depends on the wire it’s hooked up to. I traced the circuit on the back of the cluster and for 6 cylinder you wire up the green and black wire and for 8 cylinder you wire in the green and yellow wire as a second ground. I have it wired in to the green and black now.

a set 500 high is odd. if it were 35 percent high across a scale then I would think it were reading an incorrect signal. but if you are getting 500 regardless of what rpm then it seems odd. I feel as if I had this on a truck many years ago. but what I did to solve it escapes me. I do know that I went through three tach's on that truck though. I prefer the factory tach but really there are better ones available.