Bullnose Forums

My car project days may be coming to a pause

the thought of drones makes me here someone off in the background saying "pull".

I am going to definitely file a complaint for harassment. I can think of the reasons why he is so mad and has been finding a reason to 'get' me.

I recall the one time he had a pool party a few years ago and we were building a dresser for our son involving a lot of time at the planer, jointer, miter saw, table saw. He could not report me because I was not violating the noise ordinance in the middle of the day.

Now if I was operating a 'business' he might have a way to get me. I think that is the angle he will probably report me. If I was running a business, it would be a terrible one that lost a lot of my savings to Amazon, RockAuto, Home Depot, and Harbor Freight :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I want to definitely setup a culture in my house where my kids grow up to be handy and fend for themselves. This guy is part of the reason why a lot of skill and aptitude in manufacturing has left the country because the younger generation is increasingly dependent on outsourced labor.

I am going to definitely file a complaint for harassment. I can think of the reasons why he is so mad and has been finding a reason to 'get' me.

I recall the one time he had a pool party a few years ago and we were building a dresser for our son involving a lot of time at the planer, jointer, miter saw, table saw. He could not report me because I was not violating the noise ordinance in the middle of the day.

Now if I was operating a 'business' he might have a way to get me. I think that is the angle he will probably report me. If I was running a business, it would be a terrible one that lost a lot of my savings to Amazon, RockAuto, Home Depot, and Harbor Freight :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I want to definitely setup a culture in my house where my kids grow up to be handy and fend for themselves. This guy is part of the reason why a lot of skill and aptitude in manufacturing has left the country because the younger generation is increasingly dependent on outsourced labor.

If he runs the "business" angle and you can prove you're a hobbyist and operating within normal noise ordinance, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on. But people like him tend to have nothing better to do, so if they shrug him off, he'll just likely keep trying. That's why you unfortunately have to file a complaint against him, because that's the only way to eventually have him stopped for repeat offenses.

If he runs the "business" angle and you can prove you're a hobbyist and operating within normal noise ordinance, he really doesn't have a leg to stand on. But people like him tend to have nothing better to do, so if they shrug him off, he'll just likely keep trying. That's why you unfortunately have to file a complaint against him, because that's the only way to eventually have him stopped for repeat offenses.

Agreed :nabble_smiley_good:

sometimes you need to fend for yourself on paper too. better a documented dispute than a one side series of complaints. but prepare for scrutiny.

Yeah agree, ok to accept scrutiny.

The only area where the city can possibly get me is I bought and sold well over the acceptable limit in 2022 without a dealers license, but using a dealer/broker. All of these purchases were hail damaged vehicles from auction to help out friends/family members buy vehicles during the covid crisis. They were purchased through a dealer/broker. All of the vehicles were titled in my name before transferring them to the friends/family. Proud to say I've never floated a title.

Yeah agree, ok to accept scrutiny.

The only area where the city can possibly get me is I bought and sold well over the acceptable limit in 2022 without a dealers license, but using a dealer/broker. All of these purchases were hail damaged vehicles from auction to help out friends/family members buy vehicles during the covid crisis. They were purchased through a dealer/broker. All of the vehicles were titled in my name before transferring them to the friends/family. Proud to say I've never floated a title.

an expensive hobby is one thing. unless you are showing a taxable profit on a slew of vehicles that you sold on the open market. having advertised them etc. I would think you would be fine. there is no law that I know of regarding how many vehicles you can buy. there may be ordinances about how many vehicles on a property, roadside parking having them registered and so on. I am not a lawyer, and venues change so check locally for specifics.

an expensive hobby is one thing. unless you are showing a taxable profit on a slew of vehicles that you sold on the open market. having advertised them etc. I would think you would be fine. there is no law that I know of regarding how many vehicles you can buy. there may be ordinances about how many vehicles on a property, roadside parking having them registered and so on. I am not a lawyer, and venues change so check locally for specifics.

I wish I made a profit! All the ones sold to family/friends were sold at cost. The ones I did end up selling after my "that would be cool to try' were sold at break-even or a loss. Thats what I like about auctions is you can try some unique low-mileage vehicles and not break the bank while selling.

The only vehicles I did profit some was in selling Bullnoses (~3 of them), and that's because I got them pretty cheap non-running and got them to be daily drivers, so a lot of sweat and rarely blood when I got smacked with a wrench that one time laying under the truck. I had to tell my son that the truck 'bit me'.. haha