Bullnose Forums

C6 Transmission Pick up tube

it's a bit like that. tony is building bigger and better and I think he is better monetized. he is building an additional dirty space to keep crud out of the main shop. we have a dirty shop that I am constantly trying to create a clean space. as it is my home shop is the clean space.

Just wanted to update this thread on my experience with the different filter options on C6 for deep-pan

3 filter options I tried. WIX 58937, ATP B50, Autozone Duralast TF129

Out of all of them the Autozone Duralast option worked the best and was closest to the original. The pick-up tube was a good snug fit vs. the other 2 options.

The WIX filter screen was too small a sieve size in my opinion. It may have caused a pressure drop for the transmission pump (refer to my other thread on transmission whining when 'hot').... but I probably also had a junk in the pan at the same time so I cannot be sure.

Bottom line is I have learned now to compare such things next time, since the OEM filter is no longer available. I am used to always using OEM parts on transmission filter changes... never had to worry about these finer details.

And as you mentioned Matt, the pick-up tube is actually not necessary unless there is extreme off-roading. I did install it anyway. The pick-up tube may actually force more pan-bottom stuff to be pulled in preferentially. Next time if I ever get into this pan, I will swap for a new 2WD pan with a drain plug and remove that pick-up tube.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic