Bullnose Forums

Clutch Switch Bypass For Big Blue

You got me. I didn't think of that other route. I was too hung up on that clutch press scenario :nabble_smiley_blush: also in that route you pointed out, it would need its own resistor as well for about 2 scenarios. Else about half of the current would go there when cranked (until the LED is killed!).. that schematic isn't ideal at all

That LED better stay where it is currently :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Yep, the LED is staying where it was. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Here's the schematic I'm working to right now. Be back in a bit when it is wired, which really means just adding Bob's diode.

Clutch_Safety_Bypass.thumb.jpg.70dc6d42ae87cf8e09bc068f32af5683.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Success!

Very nice work Gary! I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread, and I am impressed with your engineering. I might have to be responsible now and build my own. I have had six old ford trucks over the last 26 years and ALL of them had the clutch interrupt removed. I just expect them to start in gear, and it has been quite helpful from time to time… but I cannot deny the safety hazard for anyone else driving one of my trucks. This is a good fix without having to give up the “feature” of starting in gear 😁

Very nice work Gary! I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread, and I am impressed with your engineering. I might have to be responsible now and build my own. I have had six old ford trucks over the last 26 years and ALL of them had the clutch interrupt removed. I just expect them to start in gear, and it has been quite helpful from time to time… but I cannot deny the safety hazard for anyone else driving one of my trucks. This is a good fix without having to give up the “feature” of starting in gear 😁

Jonathan - At my age I'm well aware that it won't be just my kids that drive my trucks but my grandkids. I can't put them in jeopardy by giving them something that will accidentally start in gear. And with the EFI it doesn't take but a nudge on the starter and it is running - even in 1st gear & high range, which I proved today. :nabble_smiley_oh: