Bullnose Forums

Hello!

Jon

Hi,

Jon here from Rhode Island. I have two F150 flaresides: 1984 RWD with 4.9 and 4 speed overdrive (the red truck) and 1981 4WD Ranger XLT with 4.9 and 4 speed w/granny gear (silver truck). I'm trying to get one or both of these trucks to a point where they are reliable enough for occasional use, but I don't have nearly as much time to spend on them as I would like!84_F150.jpg.c08999d1fabf71083cc2d80c8cc4aac7.jpg81_F150_left_side.jpg.7d58ee4bb9f64daae5ac0d2fe8f3ec38.jpg

Welcome to the Bullnose Forum! I like those trucks - especially the 81 as I'm partial to that year. But you should be able to at least get one of them going dependably, if not both. Have either of them been sitting for s long while?

My '81 runs but sometimes sits without use for a while. The '84 mostly sits. Surprisingly, it runs great once I get it going, even after not running for a while. Recently though, I've been having some problems getting it to run. I'll be starting a new thread regarding that problem later today.

My '81 runs but sometimes sits without use for a while. The '84 mostly sits. Surprisingly, it runs great once I get it going, even after not running for a while. Recently though, I've been having some problems getting it to run. I'll be starting a new thread regarding that problem later today.

I'll be watching for that thread. :nabble_smiley_good: