Bullnose Forums

Should We Move To A New Forum Platform?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks! And yes, that's the one Jeff found and the one I read up on. I'll go give it a try.

By the way, I've changed the phpBB joining process to require the joiner to confirm he has control of the email address he is registering. That was turned off as account activation was set to "immediate". Hope that's ok.

Worked perfectly. I didn't use the BBCodes. Just dropped the Youtube link in. :nabble_smiley_good:

In fact, why do we need BBCodes? Where are they used? I'm going to play with that a bit... :nabble_anim_working:

Thanks! And yes, that's the one Jeff found and the one I read up on. I'll go give it a try.

By the way, I've changed the phpBB joining process to require the joiner to confirm he has control of the email address he is registering. That was turned off as account activation was set to "immediate". Hope that's ok.

Of course, that's the way it should be IMO.

Worked perfectly. I didn't use the BBCodes. Just dropped the Youtube link in. :nabble_smiley_good:

In fact, why do we need BBCodes? Where are they used? I'm going to play with that a bit... :nabble_anim_working:

Ok, it's working (posting a video). I pasted a YouTube "shared link" directly in my post, and it worked.

No embedding required, the movie is ok.

The downside, compared to InVision:

• We have to publish our movie on YouTube in order to paste the link in phpBB.

• InVision allows to directly post a movie from our mobile device (or desktop computer), no need to rely on YouTube.

EDIT:

About posting pictures:

Seems that phpBB automatically rotates the picts, no matter the way it was took.

BUT, I tried here to post four (4) picts from my phone, and was able to only upload 3. No way to have four acts in the same post (from my iPhone).

EDIT+EDIT:

The is a limitation. 3 attachements maximum. I got the warning message while trying to post these 4 picts from my desktop computer, but this message never appeared on my iPhone when I tried the same.

Capture_dcran_le_2024-03-26__18.jpg.e328750866bd75a00981dd2e4fc23cca.jpg

Ok, it's working (posting a video). I pasted a YouTube "shared link" directly in my post, and it worked.

• InVision allows to directly post a movie from our mobile device (or desktop computer), no need to rely on YouTube.

EDIT:

About posting pictures:

Seems that phpBB automatically rotates the picts, no matter the way it was took.

BUT, I tried here to post four (4) picts from my phone, and was able to only upload 3. No way to have four acts in the same post (from my iPhone).

EDIT+EDIT:

The is a limitation. 3 attachements maximum. I got the warning message while trying to post these 4 picts from my desktop computer, but this message never appeared on my iPhone when I tried the same.

Thanks, Jeff. But I'm not having any luck posting a file. I've tried three times an it will not show inline. It just shows as a downloadable file, as you can see here.

Can you post another file? And maybe download my file and see if you can post it as well?

EDIT:

About posting pictures:

EDIT+EDIT:

Jeff - The number of attachments is adjustable and I just upped it from 3 to 5. So it isn't a problem with phpBB but the way we have it set up.

Thanks, Jeff. But I'm not having any luck posting a file. I've tried three times an it will not show inline. It just shows as a downloadable file, as you can see here.Can you post another file? And maybe download my file and see if you can post it as well?
Gary, not sure I understand.I posted a text file here, is it what you wanted me to try?Here is what I see if I follow the link you provided (which takes to InVision).

(NOTE: Gary, it was a real MESS to be able to load the iPhone screen capture on YouTube: YouTube transforms any vertical movie in what they call Short category. And no way to get an embed link from such "Short" categorized movie. I had to edit it in FinalCut to make it non-vertical, then upload it to YouTube, then copy the embed link. A real pain. So easy in InVision, no need to YouTube uploading!)

1- Seen on my iMac:

2- Seen on my iPhone:

Gary, not sure I understand.I posted a text file here, is it what you wanted me to try?Here is what I see if I follow the link you provided (which takes to InVision).

(NOTE: Gary, it was a real MESS to be able to load the iPhone screen capture on YouTube: YouTube transforms any vertical movie in what they call Short category. And no way to get an embed link from such "Short" categorized movie. I had to edit it in FinalCut to make it non-vertical, then upload it to YouTube, then copy the embed link. A real pain. So easy in InVision, no need to YouTube uploading!)

1- Seen on my iMac:

2- Seen on my iPhone:

Jeff - This is bizarre! Here's what I see:Screenshot_of_non-included_video.jpg.6284a268f5920f10d7a5d673773bab2e.jpgAs for Youtube Shorts, you can post it this way, but replace the link characters with the code Youtube gives you, but then change their "shorts" to "embed".

Jeff - This is bizarre! Here's what I see:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n150201/Screenshot_of_non-included_video.jpg

Gary, I get the same if I try from Chrome:

Capture_dcran_le_2024-03-26__20.jpg.3f40d7edac5fa1176dea8e99c9f8fb13.jpg

Safari shows the files correctly.

So, the problem is somewhere in the browser.

Maybe a setting in Chrome?

:nabble_anim_confused:

EDIT:

I found this on the web:

«The current version of Chrome doesn't support the QuickTime browser plug-in but local playback isn't effected.

The only way to play the file via Chrome is to download it.»

Your movies are in .MOV format. This is probably the reason. If possible, try with a .mp4 movie.

Jeff - This is bizarre! Here's what I see:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n150201/Screenshot_of_non-included_video.jpg

Gary, I get the same if I try from Chrome:

Safari shows the files correctly.

So, the problem is somewhere in the browser.

Maybe a setting in Chrome?

:nabble_anim_confused:

EDIT:

I found this on the web:

«The current version of Chrome doesn't support the QuickTime browser plug-in but local playback isn't effected.

The only way to play the file via Chrome is to download it.»

Your movies are in .MOV format. This is probably the reason. If possible, try with a .mp4 movie.

Gary, I posted your own movie, converted to mp4.

Let's see if you see it correctly in InVision.