Bullnose Forums

Help Needed On EVTM Features/Format

I need some help, please. With a lot of effort I have the 1985 EVTM almost done and need your input on the following. (Note that you will not find this EVTM in the menu yet as there are several things I want to do to it before I pronounce it ready. So use the link above.)

• Index: Heretofore I've created sort of an index by listing the sections and their contents on the first page of the EVTM and then providing links to them. However, there is another way, and that would be to create hyperlinks on the actual Index Page, either in lieu of or in addition to the normal page I create. For an example of how that would look, go to the first page of the TSB Index and see the entry for Dash Panel.

But, creating the hyperlinks would be time-consuming for me. So, I need to know which way(s) are best as I could use the time saved to add other documents. Would it be better to have the page I've created, a hyperlinked Index Page, or both?

• Previous/Next Section Buttons: I've added buttons to the top and bottom of the first several sections. Please check them out and see what you think. Steve83 - is this what you had in mind?

• Bad Pages: I already know that I need to re-scan pages 127; 135; 139; & 143. But please let me know if you find others. But, just being a bit angled isn't really cause for re-scanning

Again, please help!

The way that you have the others done is very easy to use. I like uniformity - why fix it if it ain't broke?

I agree with that. One of the issues, Ford changed the way the EVTMs are organized between 1980 and 1986, and again after that. That said, what works perfectly for a 1981 EVTM may not work as well for a 1986 EVTM, and using the 1986 as an example, the fuel pump circuits are spread out in several places depending on the engine and type pumps.

Links where the book refers you to a different section or maybe a note at the beginning of a section that section xx also contains information. I have actually put stick on tabs when working on something so I can go back and forth between different sections.

I agree with that. One of the issues, Ford changed the way the EVTMs are organized between 1980 and 1986, and again after that. That said, what works perfectly for a 1981 EVTM may not work as well for a 1986 EVTM, and using the 1986 as an example, the fuel pump circuits are spread out in several places depending on the engine and type pumps.

Links where the book refers you to a different section or maybe a note at the beginning of a section that section xx also contains information. I have actually put stick on tabs when working on something so I can go back and forth between different sections.

Ok, guys. Thanks. I will use the existing format and not worry about creating lots of hyperlinks.

Bill - I think you are suggesting that where it says "See Page 62", for instance, that I put a link there that takes you to Page 62. That's not easily done, but I'll see what I can do.

Also, no one commented on the Previous/Next Section buttons. You don't like them? You didn't see them?

Ok, guys. Thanks. I will use the existing format and not worry about creating lots of hyperlinks.

Bill - I think you are suggesting that where it says "See Page 62", for instance, that I put a link there that takes you to Page 62. That's not easily done, but I'll see what I can do.

Also, no one commented on the Previous/Next Section buttons. You don't like them? You didn't see them?

I like the Prev/Next buttons. They're not exactly what I imagined, but they're certainly functional & useful.

I like the Prev/Next buttons. They're not exactly what I imagined, but they're certainly functional & useful.

Thanks. Not sure what you envisioned, but this was fairly easily done - although tedious.

Ok, I'll continue with this format for the "index" and for the prev/next buttons. And I hope to get the '85 EVTM done tomorrow.

I haven't seen the previous/next buttons, have you started a new section for EVTMs? The only ones I see are 1981 - 1986. If it will be too complicated to create the links I understand that.

I haven't seen the previous/next buttons, have you started a new section for EVTMs? The only ones I see are 1981 - 1986. If it will be too complicated to create the links I understand that.

Bill - Follow one of the links in my first post that go to the '85 EVTM. There's no new section for EVTM's, but I haven't made the '85 show up in the menu because I'm still working on it. However, you can get to it via the links and I have the Prev/Next Section buttons on the first 4 pages or so.

As for the links from one page to another, I'm thinking about that one. I haven't come up with an easy way to do it, but will see if I can find one.

Bill - Follow one of the links in my first post that go to the '85 EVTM. There's no new section for EVTM's, but I haven't made the '85 show up in the menu because I'm still working on it. However, you can get to it via the links and I have the Prev/Next Section buttons on the first 4 pages or so.

As for the links from one page to another, I'm thinking about that one. I haven't come up with an easy way to do it, but will see if I can find one.

Yes, great, saves going back to the index each time. Really makes it easier to go through.