Bullnose Forums

1986 F350 Crew Cab 4WD

Hi Folks

Just picked up a 1986 F350 Crew Cab 4WD with a bunch of issues, super excited as I've always wanted one of these trucks since I was a little kid, pretty iconic styling and its HUUUUUGE and Green.

Planning on redoing the gaskets / rebuilding the transmission, and then doing a bit of interior work while I use the truck to move snowmobiles around.

In the spring, the plan is to flat-deck the rear and build a pop-top camper above a cargo area, so next winter I can have a home on wheels w/ fireplace and you name it as well as storage for 2 mountain sleds on the deck.

lI0gRe0s.jpg.b589ec7ba9840f61d3e4bda08e222f4c.jpg

A gallery with larger images :

https://imgur.com/a/w2UqvU4

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake: Glad you found us.

The truck looks big, but it is hard to tell in the pic. If you want, you can edit the code that displays the pic by adding width="100%" to the line. It would look like this w/o the in front and behind it.

nabble_img src="Header.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake: Glad you found us.

The truck looks big, but it is hard to tell in the pic. If you want, you can edit the code that displays the pic by adding width="100%" to the line. It would look like this w/o the in front and behind it.

nabble_img src="Header.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/

well I've already muffed the forum I intended to post in, oh well, why not a tiny pic ;)

I think the image itself was too big to be posted, sort of funny embed codes here with this forum compared to what I'm used to.

Anyway, Its blowing tons of white smoke on driving, I'm going to dump a can of head gasket fix in there today, boot it up and see if I can get it presentable to drive to the car wash so I can pressure wash the engine bay out before starting to drop the engine and transmission.

For a laugh here is a following camera shot of me driving it to its current storage spot from the previous owners house:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HWM8ac946Cz9s3qR9

...pretty iconic styling and its HUUUUUGE and Green.

Every time I see one of these, I think they are so HUUUUUGE!...lol. Nice truck.

Is that a BC plate?

Yep, BC plates, dont look too closely as I just installed those plates to see what it would look like with plates before I got proper insurance and registration... IF you know what I mean.

Yep, BC plates, dont look too closely as I just installed those plates to see what it would look like with plates before I got proper insurance and registration... IF you know what I mean.

If it makes you feel any better, I drove mine all summer with no plate on it...lol. (It was in the glove box though). BTW, greetings from the east coast (NS). Nice truck.

well I've already muffed the forum I intended to post in, oh well, why not a tiny pic ;)

I think the image itself was too big to be posted, sort of funny embed codes here with this forum compared to what I'm used to.

Anyway, Its blowing tons of white smoke on driving, I'm going to dump a can of head gasket fix in there today, boot it up and see if I can get it presentable to drive to the car wash so I can pressure wash the engine bay out before starting to drop the engine and transmission.

For a laugh here is a following camera shot of me driving it to its current storage spot from the previous owners house:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HWM8ac946Cz9s3qR9

I downloaded the pics from Imgur. They were too big to load with Resize = None. But with Resize = Big and adding width="100%" to the code they look pretty good. But I left the last one at the size that Big would give w/o the width="100%" just so you can see.

1_-_eob4bCB.thumb.jpg.1858e62c0f3fd8a2437b3abebd7b3437.jpg

2_-_lI0gRe0.thumb.jpg.be5c83ce92e2e57937b5b0304b466954.jpg

3_-_uPQDgDR.thumb.jpg.5faf3e2473eb0f05bb0f39e3f3e8e56a.jpg

4_-_FLr2njr.thumb.jpg.0c06bf3be62df262870dab24eb6bdf20.jpg

I downloaded the pics from Imgur. They were too big to load with Resize = None. But with Resize = Big and adding width="100%" to the code they look pretty good. But I left the last one at the size that Big would give w/o the width="100%" just so you can see.

What engine is in it? I guess I am fortunate Ford didn't offer 4WD dual rear wheel trucks, Darth takes enough room to turn around. Not bad looking BTW.

What engine is in it? I guess I am fortunate Ford didn't offer 4WD dual rear wheel trucks, Darth takes enough room to turn around. Not bad looking BTW.

My son just bought one of those two weeks ago. Yes, it's a lot of truck! His has a 7.3 with a Banks turbo and a ZF-5. He's planning a Cummins 12 valve swap in the next year.