Bullnose Forums

1960 Ford F-250 Original NAPCO 4x4 4WD

Two front diffs? What am I missing? I only see the one.

My bad! I think the NAPCO conversions on the E-Series vans had two diffs, but apparently not on the pickups. I saw two driveshafts but didn't think about one being input and the other output to the front. :nabble_smiley_blush:

My bad! I think the NAPCO conversions on the E-Series vans had two diffs, but apparently not on the pickups. I saw two driveshafts but didn't think about one being input and the other output to the front. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Oh ok. I did not know the vans had two front diffs, interesting.

Oh ok. I did not know the vans had two front diffs, interesting.

https://www.blueovaltrucks.com/tech-articles/the_vemco_v-drive_system/

I would rather pay 39,000 for this than a 1997 Ford F350 crew cab 4x4 longbed with a ZF5 and a 7.3 Powerchoke.

That super long front driveshaft is likely due to a divorced transfer case. I wouldn't call this a "highboy" per say, but it's the beginning of them.

I would rather pay 39,000 for this than a 1997 Ford F350 crew cab 4x4 longbed with a ZF5 and a 7.3 Powerchoke.

That super long front driveshaft is likely due to a divorced transfer case. I wouldn't call this a "highboy" per say, but it's the beginning of them.

Thanks, David. Yes, Vemco instead of Napco. At least it had a "co" in it. :nabble_smiley_blush:

And yes, this looks kinda like a Highboy. And they had divorced t-cases as well. :nabble_smiley_good: