Bullnose Test Forum

Violet

Kojack

another point to consider is the timing light itself. I have noticed a few being sold today have a tendency to have a weak pickup coil. sometimes it can be a little position sensitive. I'm only bringing this up as something to check in case you might get led down the wrong path.

Well, I opened up the distributor. The shaft has a little play, whether it's supposed or not I'm not sure but I checked everything was tight, I pulled out my condenser and tested it and it's operating correctly, as well as my coil. Everything checked out and I started scratching my head. I energized the ignition and checked for spark in the gap and it was very weak. What had me stumped the last few weeks was fixed by simply adjusting the gap. That's what I get for over complicating things lol. I let it come up to temp, and took it for a drive and didn't get so much as a hiccup!

This weekend I plan on pulling the bed off, replacing the fuel sending unit and generally cleaning things up under there. I will also be installing a fuel return line for my anticipated sniper efi. I might even get to putting on my boom tubes!

Well, I opened up the distributor. The shaft has a little play, whether it's supposed or not I'm not sure but I checked everything was tight, I pulled out my condenser and tested it and it's operating correctly, as well as my coil. Everything checked out and I started scratching my head. I energized the ignition and checked for spark in the gap and it was very weak. What had me stumped the last few weeks was fixed by simply adjusting the gap. That's what I get for over complicating things lol. I let it come up to temp, and took it for a drive and didn't get so much as a hiccup!

This weekend I plan on pulling the bed off, replacing the fuel sending unit and generally cleaning things up under there. I will also be installing a fuel return line for my anticipated sniper efi. I might even get to putting on my boom tubes!

:nabble_anim_claps: