Bullnose Forums

I need an HVAC control switch E1AH-19D961

RearCounter.com lists East Texas Auto Air and Glass as having 3 of "YH380". Give them a call and just see if they indeed have what you're looking for and if they're willing to sell/ship.

Can't say I've ever seen a small local A/C shop show up on Rear Counter, but it's worth a shot. It looks like a Premium Listing, so they likely are looking to offload them if they requested the listing on Rear Counter.

@salans7

Yes! I just ordered one from them. East Texas Auto Air and Glass has a few in stock. Thank you all very much.

• 5 months later...

You asked about an "HVAC control switch E1AH-19D961". Please read How To Decode Ford Part Numbers as you read the # off the part, probably expecting it to be a part number, and then only read part of it.

But according to the cross ref:

E1AH 19D961-AA ID # crosses to Motorcraft # YH-379 which is part # E1AZ 19B888-A

E1AH 19D961-BA ID # crosses to Motorcraft # YH-380 which is part # E1AZ 198BBB-A

You can look those part numbers up on the page at Documentation/HVAC/HVAC Systems.

Would, E8UZ 19B888 A be a good interchange for E1AH 19D961-BA ?

according to the cross ref:

E1AH 19D961-AA ID # crosses to Motorcraft # YH-379 which is part # E1AZ 19B888-A

E1AH 19D961-BA ID # crosses to Motorcraft # YH-380 which is part # E1AZ 198BBB-A

Before I order, I plan on doing a test, using a short piece of tube as a jumper to manually test the different segments of the system where the lines plug to the valve.

It only has dash vents now, with vac disconnected, it reverts to defrost which is normal from what I read.

As usual, thanks for your help...Bill

Would, E8UZ 19B888 A be a good interchange for E1AH 19D961-BA ?

according to the cross ref:

Before I order, I plan on doing a test, using a short piece of tube as a jumper to manually test the different segments of the system where the lines plug to the valve.

It only has dash vents now, with vac disconnected, it reverts to defrost which is normal from what I read.

As usual, thanks for your help...Bill

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm confused so that seems to be an ideal time to chime in. :nabble_smiley_evil:

But I don't think it is possible to definitively answer the question w/o having the two parts in your hands or having extensive experience.

You asked "Would, E8UZ 19B888 A be a good interchange for E1AH 19D961-BA?" But E1AH 19D961-BA ID # is part # E1AZ 19B888-B, not 8BBB-A.

The MPC says:

• E8UZ 19B888-A was used on 1988 E150/350 w/aux. or integral A/C & heater also dir. installed A/C

• E1AZ 19B888-B was used on 1983-89 F-U100/350 w/integral A/C & 1988-89 E150/350 w/aux. integral A/C

So I can't tell you if they will interchange as I don't know what differences there might be in the applications. But the fact that both were used on 1988 E-series vehicles suggests they might interchange for the vacuum part.

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm confused so that seems to be an ideal time to chime in. :nabble_smiley_evil:

But I don't think it is possible to definitively answer the question w/o having the two parts in your hands or having extensive experience.

You asked "Would, E8UZ 19B888 A be a good interchange for E1AH 19D961-BA?" But E1AH 19D961-BA ID # is part # E1AZ 19B888-B, not 8BBB-A.

The MPC says:

• E8UZ 19B888-A was used on 1988 E150/350 w/aux. or integral A/C & heater also dir. installed A/C

• E1AZ 19B888-B was used on 1983-89 F-U100/350 w/integral A/C & 1988-89 E150/350 w/aux. integral A/C

So I can't tell you if they will interchange as I don't know what differences there might be in the applications. But the fact that both were used on 1988 E-series vehicles suggests they might interchange for the vacuum part.

Gary,

The E1AH part is the decade/year/vehicle used on, etc =1981+ veh info,

The 19D961-BA is the actual part #, if memory serves correctly from dealing with Ford part #s.

IF!!!! after determining the valve is the problem, and I order the part, it is returnable if it's wrong.

Ain't messin with old trucks fun!

oops....another case of speaking before thinking, this happens more often as you get older.

Edited to say, just looked at your page and the Z designates a replacement part so the part in question should work, if I read it right.

Watch out for the "old" bit. I'm 77. :nabble_smiley_wink:

All the parts you can buy are "replacement" parts.