Bullnose Forums

Light Group Option (Under Dash and Glovebox) Great Price!

• 4 weeks later...
I wound up buying this harness off this person for $35 on another ebay listing since this one expired. Does anyone have pictures of where the lights attach under the dashboard? I've been wanting this package for years and glad to have finally found it as the single dome light just isn't enough.

I wound up buying this harness off this person for $35 on another ebay listing since this one expired. Does anyone have pictures of where the lights attach under the dashboard? I've been wanting this package for years and glad to have finally found it as the single dome light just isn't enough.

I tried to find some photos from the ones in my F150, but they may have been on my corrupted memory card.

Anyways, on the passenger side, they have a dedicated tab that is part of the dash frame, right next to the kick panel. It points towards the firewall, and should be easy to spot.

On the driver's side, it mounts right next to the hood release, on the dash frame. You should see the two holes they require. One hole is for the tab on the light, and the other is for the screw.

I tried to find some photos from the ones in my F150, but they may have been on my corrupted memory card.

Anyways, on the passenger side, they have a dedicated tab that is part of the dash frame, right next to the kick panel. It points towards the firewall, and should be easy to spot.

On the driver's side, it mounts right next to the hood release, on the dash frame. You should see the two holes they require. One hole is for the tab on the light, and the other is for the screw.

Thanks, that'll help out a lot. I never knew the courtesy lighting also had a glove box light. That'll be sweet.

Thanks, that'll help out a lot. I never knew the courtesy lighting also had a glove box light. That'll be sweet.

Yep! It's one of my favorite upgrades I put on my F150. Be careful with the white plastic that surrounds the bulbs. It can be very brittle after 40 years and may break off if you bump it the wrong way. It happened to me on the set I pulled for my F350. Now I have to come up with another type of bulb/bulb holder for the under-dash harness.

Yep! It's one of my favorite upgrades I put on my F150. Be careful with the white plastic that surrounds the bulbs. It can be very brittle after 40 years and may break off if you bump it the wrong way. It happened to me on the set I pulled for my F350. Now I have to come up with another type of bulb/bulb holder for the under-dash harness.

Yeah, it looks a bit delicate but should be alright. I'm surprised how DIM the dome light is even with a good LED. My 99 grand marquis has the exact same dome light although it has the courtesy floor lighting, I still feel it gives off more light from the dome light than the truck ever has.

Yeah, it looks a bit delicate but should be alright. I'm surprised how DIM the dome light is even with a good LED. My 99 grand marquis has the exact same dome light although it has the courtesy floor lighting, I still feel it gives off more light from the dome light than the truck ever has.

Do you have the clear (aftermarket) lense in the dome light? Or the white/yellow one?

Both my truck and the grand marquis have the clear lens.

Ah, I was picturing the other style which you can get this for: https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/fd-1980-96-clear-dome-light-lens

It and the led made a huge difference in my truck.

I've never had the style you have but I remember a guy here using a paddle like led bulb that only lit up on one side. I think it worked out well for him?