Bullnose Forums

Wanted: Fan Clutch Fan '82 F150 4.9L

82F150I6

I'm looking for a 5 blade fan clutch fan for an '82 F150, 4.9l engine. I don't have the original fan but I believe the Ford part number is E3TZ 8600-G.

Thanks,

Walt

edit: Oops. I fat-fingered the Subject. I'm looking for the fan for an '82, not an '85.

I don't think one for an 82 will have an "e3 "part number. are you anywhere close to central NC? I can look in storage to see if I have any. I know that I have an 83 4.9 fan assembly but I'm not certain if it is a fixed drive or thermal clutch design.

Thanks for the reply. I'm in northern Arizona.

I got the "e3" number from the master parts list:

Fan_Part_Number.thumb.jpg.6c1da6115229222e618e815af2dc3799.jpg

The MPL says your '83 fan should be what I'm looking for, if the fan didn't come from a truck with the Pony option.

-Walt

Thanks for the reply. I'm in northern Arizona.

I got the "e3" number from the master parts list:

The MPL says your '83 fan should be what I'm looking for, if the fan didn't come from a truck with the Pony option.

-Walt

one for certain is from a very basic truck that I referred to as a fleet vehicle. it may actually be a pony now that I have recently learned about the f series having this designation. another thing that I have learned from this forum thanks to the documentation compiled here. I started out with mustangs years ago and pony has always meant that for me.

one for certain is from a very basic truck that I referred to as a fleet vehicle. it may actually be a pony now that I have recently learned about the f series having this designation. another thing that I have learned from this forum thanks to the documentation compiled here. I started out with mustangs years ago and pony has always meant that for me.

OK, thanks for looking.

If you still have access to the truck, post some pics. It seems the Pony trim was a rare beast.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1435307-what-is-an-f100-pony.html

Thanks for the clarification, Gary!

I found a fan on eBay from an '86 F-150 4.9L. The MPL says my '82 uses the same fan p/n as the '86, so I should be set. Thanks for all the replies.

A question for Gary: What did you use to cross-reference fan p/n E3TA 8600 J1A to E3TZ 8600 G?