Bullnose Forums

Beautiful PNW '86 Flareside 4x4 on Ebay no reserve

That looks to be smaller than the factory trim. Dad's truck has the factory trim, and I'm pretty sure it is bigger than that. But, that stuff looks good on that truck.

Wow. Sold for $5300. I'd say that was one heck of a truck for that money. If somebody was looking for a 4x4 Bullnose Flareside, this one would have been worth the airfare and drive home.

Wow. Sold for $5300. I'd say that was one heck of a truck for that money. If somebody was looking for a 4x4 Bullnose Flareside, this one would have been worth the airfare and drive home.

Yup. I was surprised. I still kick myself for not getting big blackie though.

Yup. I was surprised. I still kick myself for not getting big blackie though.

Man, that was a buy!

Man, that was a buy!

You are Correct Rembrant! Tailgate resting on the bumper! No, No, No!

You are also correct, that is the correct wood configuration and most likely original, Probably had the cap on it most of its life.

Those are "Autozone" Door edge/lip protectors, adapted to the fender lips, this can be done because there is no 90 degree bend on the edge of the lip (like a front fender)

That looks to be smaller than the factory trim. Dad's truck has the factory trim, and I'm pretty sure it is bigger than that. But, that stuff looks good on that truck.

The Flareside bed was always a "design problem" for Ford designers.

There was never optional tim offered for Flareside like door edge guard trim, the lower bodyside mouldings that ran the length of a Styleside, and this is why you could not get a "Lariat equipped package" for Flareside.

They coud not adapt the trim to Flareside bed.......

You are also correct, that is the correct wood configuration and most likely original, Probably had the cap on it most of its life.

Hey Reamer, check this out. Saw pics of this truck on Facebook (It's an '86). It has the correct strip spacing for the original plywood floor, but looks like the previous owner had pine? cut in wide (12"?) boards to fit. At least they look like boards with the knots and all...

43357839_2086848708021433_270869345247166464_n.jpg.6178361f7c9e78943ac0321656417467.jpg

Hey Reamer, check this out. Saw pics of this truck on Facebook (It's an '86). It has the correct strip spacing for the original plywood floor, but looks like the previous owner had pine? cut in wide (12"?) boards to fit. At least they look like boards with the knots and all...

Very Nice!:nabble_smiley_beam: