Bullnose Forums

Lars Turner

Hello,

I have an eighty-six F One Fifty that I am converting to points, carb, and elimination of all smog and the computer. The alternator wiring seems a bit overwhelming for a component that has a simple job of providing power. I'm looking for a clear diagram that shows exactly where each wire from the alternator goes and eventually winds up. Such a clear diagram should also help me decide if I need to make any changes to the charging system as a result of having removed the computer. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lars - Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake: Where's home?

As for the diagrams, you've come to the right place. There are two documents that should do what you want:

• Wiring Diagrams: On that page you will find the large 24" x 12.5" multi-page wiring diagrams. At first blush they will seem overwhelming on-screen, but if you use the pop-out icon they'll open up in a new browser page and you can zoom and scroll to your heart's content.

So, are you building a doom's day truck? Something to withstand an EMP?

Lars - Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake: Where's home?As for the diagrams, you've come to the right place. There are two documents that should do what you want:
  • Wiring Diagrams: On that page you will find the large 24" x 12.5" multi-page wiring diagrams. At first blush they will seem overwhelming on-screen, but if you use the pop-out icon they'll open up in a new browser page and you can zoom and scroll to your heart's content.
So, are you building a doom's day truck? Something to withstand an EMP?
Thanks, Gary. I like the simplicity of the old cars, plus, they are easier to work on.