Bullnose Forums

Turn signal cam

Today is a slow day it seems... be patient.

My only comment is some aftermarket parts are truly junk. Where did you get it from? What brand?

I've not had a new one I installed break. I've had broken ones on trucks I've purchased, but after replacing them I've not had more problems.

Is there a chance you are getting the wrong one? From the listing below there are ones for fixed columns and ones for tilt columns. And there are ones for 1980 - 83, 1984, and 1985 - 86.

turn-signal-switch.thumb.jpg.345a682075b567247168c298ba33fcb8.jpg

I've not had a new one I installed break. I've had broken ones on trucks I've purchased, but after replacing them I've not had more problems.

Is there a chance you are getting the wrong one? From the listing below there are ones for fixed columns and ones for tilt columns. And there are ones for 1980 - 83, 1984, and 1985 - 86.

Yes, it is correct. Part# TW64.

Anyone?:nabble_smiley_uh:

I replaced the original broken one with an Amazon aftermarket.

One cam broke during Big Brother's Big Tour, last summer. And the little plastic part blocked the entire system (no turn signal possible), so I had to pull the steering and clean it out.

Coming back home, I installed an original Ford one in good shape I had in stock (found at my local salvage yard).

Even used, I hope it will last much longer than a new aftermarket crap.

:nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

One cam broke during Big Brother's Big Tour, last summer. And the little plastic part blocked the entire system (no turn signal possible), so I had to pull the steering and clean it out.

Coming back home, I installed an original Ford one in good shape I had in stock (found at my local salvage yard).

I'm thinking of going that route.

Well, I'm going to try a Dorman cam for now, but next I'm at the yard I'll see if I can find a good one. Does anyone know if the Bricknose ones are the same? The 87+ trucks are easier to find.