Bullnose Forums

Steering column shift collar

Powerman5K

I'm looking to buy all the upper bearing parts to swap out when I make the repair. Problem is, I can't find a rebulid kit. Does anyone know if this Upper Column rebuild kit will work for a 1980 F100 with no tilt?

No sir, that kit does not fit. I don't think anybody makes a kit for the Bullnose era trucks. JBG sells the upper bearing, or at least they used to, that's where I bought mine.

All of the plastic parts I found on Ebay (individually, not in a kit).

The one big lower bushing I actually got at the dealer...oddly they were still available.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy all the upper bearing parts to swap out when I make the repair. Problem is, I can't find a rebulid kit. Does anyone know if this Upper Column rebuild kit will work for a 1980 F100 with no tilt?

No sir, that kit does not fit. I don't think anybody makes a kit for the Bullnose era trucks. JBG sells the upper bearing, or at least they used to, that's where I bought mine.

All of the plastic parts I found on Ebay (individually, not in a kit).

The one big lower bushing I actually got at the dealer...oddly they were still available.

Just an update on this project...

This past weekend, I finally found time (and relatively warm weather) to complete this fix. Rembrant, your fix worked like a champ! I cut about 3/8" off of the 79' model using a grinder and it fit perfectly. I can't believe how much better my truck shifts now. It must have been going bad for a while before it broke entirely. Thanks for all your help with this.

This past weekend, I finally found time (and relatively warm weather) to complete this fix. Rembrant, your fix worked like a champ! I cut about 3/8" off of the 79' model using a grinder and it fit perfectly. I can't believe how much better my truck shifts now. It must have been going bad for a while before it broke entirely. Thanks for all your help with this.

:nabble_anim_claps:

Excellent news!

I'm so glad that there are 3 on the tree Bullnoses still on the road and in use. Warms my heart;).