Bullnose Forums

After market Duraspark wiring harness [less expensive than most I have seen]

That seems to say that it won't fit the Ford wiring. Does that mean you have to rewire the whole truck? :nabble_anim_confused:

I had one of those on my truck before I found an original DSII harness from a 1984 truck.

If I remember correctly, that harness does not plug into the existing harness in the truck, and it uses a Chrysler-style ballast resistor block. It required trimming and splicing to make it work. It looked way too "aftermarket" for me, and I was glad to get rid of it.

I had one of those on my truck before I found an original DSII harness from a 1984 truck.

If I remember correctly, that harness does not plug into the existing harness in the truck, and it uses a Chrysler-style ballast resistor block. It required trimming and splicing to make it work. It looked way too "aftermarket" for me, and I was glad to get rid of it.

That's kinda what I was reading. Seems strange.

My SiL was telling me what industries there are in Nicaragua, where the kids are supposed to be living were it not for the upheaval. And one of those is a wiring harness manufacturer. They make them for many different OEM's, and even shape the things correctly before binding them.

But with the upheaval the business has gone away. So I was wondering if we could get them to make DS-II harnii for the various engines. I doubt it, but....