Bullnose Forums

Msd wire routing

Also, underwood heat and vibration cause problems with longevity. Hopefully I've eliminated that.

On my 86 f350 I mounted it in same place as ordinal DS2. I mounted it on a 3/4" aluminum. Been in service 10 years. Just had to replace pulsar in dist. I am using stock ford dist. I also use MSD Blaster 2 coil. Stock coil wont last with MSD. I have same system 6AL in 3 trucks with same results. One in been service 20 plus years. I live in the High Desert in Calif.

On my 86 f350 I mounted it in same place as ordinal DS2. I mounted it on a 3/4" aluminum. Been in service 10 years. Just had to replace pulsar in dist. I am using stock ford dist. I also use MSD Blaster 2 coil. Stock coil wont last with MSD. I have same system 6AL in 3 trucks with same results. One in been service 20 plus years. I live in the High Desert in Calif.

That's very impressive. How did you run the trigger wires?

I will probably be doing the same thing for my 300. What pulsar would you recommend?

I will probably be doing the same thing for my 300. What pulsar would you recommend?

I left the original Ds2 wiring in place and ran MSD wiring with it. If you use DS2 Dist. MSD has adaptor #8869 from Dist. for straight plug in to MSD. If you use Blaster2 coil mount it straight up, it is oil filled. I mounted it in same place as original coil with some easy bracket mods.