Bullnose Forums

1984 Bronco Oregon

Nice find!

Replacing the steering column (or just the ignition housing), and the brake booster are both easy (and inexpensive) tasks. However, the issue of the missing title I dunno...how difficult is that to deal with in the US?

But $1500 for what should be a mostly rust free Bronco (if it's been in Oregon forever) is a real steal imho, even if it had no motor.:nabble_smiley_good:

Nice find!

Replacing the steering column (or just the ignition housing), and the brake booster are both easy (and inexpensive) tasks. However, the issue of the missing title I dunno...how difficult is that to deal with in the US?

But $1500 for what should be a mostly rust free Bronco (if it's been in Oregon forever) is a real steal imho, even if it had no motor.:nabble_smiley_good:

That certainly is a steal if it isn't already stolen.

The title thing is probably doable. Most, if not all, states have a provision for mechanics to be able to obtain a title to a vehicle that they've worked on but then the owner won't come to pick it up because they owe more than the vehicle is worth. I'm sure the process for that varies by the state.

But, part of the process is to pay back taxes. So that can be a real big expense, and the question of taxes needs to be explored if it has been sitting for 10 years.

That certainly is a steal if it isn't already stolen.

The title thing is probably doable. Most, if not all, states have a provision for mechanics to be able to obtain a title to a vehicle that they've worked on but then the owner won't come to pick it up because they owe more than the vehicle is worth. I'm sure the process for that varies by the state.

But, part of the process is to pay back taxes. So that can be a real big expense, and the question of taxes needs to be explored if it has been sitting for 10 years.

Doesn't this Bronco have the rare body side protection strips? :nabble_anim_confused:

Doesn't this Bronco have the rare body side protection strips? :nabble_anim_confused:

It certainly does! Good eye. But, it says it is an '84 and I thought that trim was early-'85 only.

There's no sign of that trim in the 1984 Bronco brochure I added recently. But, because that brochure is scanned at such a high res I was able to zoom in on the last page and find that it was printed in 8/83. So it was an early '84 brochure. I wonder if that trim was late '84 and early '85? :nabble_anim_confused:

Nice find!

The title! Wow! Usually that's one of the first things I look for, and ask about if I'm going to look.

Same or close color and paint scheme as my truck. Guess I got excited!

That steering wheel...for some reason changing the steering wheel bugs me, especially if it's not finished.

I found in Oregon (same with other states I'm sure) with the title process, it depends on who's helping you.

I bought a truck camper from a friend, who bought it from a guy, who bought it from a guy, who bought it from a guy. There was a title, but no transfer. All in the two years the registration was good. Part of the deal was if it was a problem with the DMV, no sale.

I go in and tell the gent at DMV the story, he looks at the title, looks at me, almost disgustingly, and then starts typing on the computer. Got the title.

Had a 1997 Suburban for parts, lady couldn't find the title. I figured it was part of the mouse nest in the glove box, the rig had been sitting. I was going to take the Burb to the junkyard when I got everything off I wanted, but needed a title. So I go to the DMV to see what I can do. Tell the lady the story, she looks at me and says Oregon is a title state, you have to have a title. I looked at her, almost disgustingly, and left. The old Burb is now a storage shed, the lady took it back after I got everything I wanted off of it.

That lady at the DMV (seemed kind of dingy) ended up giving my daughter her driving test for her license. I thought oh boy! She was great, they had a ball, really relaxed my daughter.

Anyway, looks like a pretty solid rig, if there's no rust.

The title! Wow! Usually that's one of the first things I look for, and ask about if I'm going to look.

Same or close color and paint scheme as my truck. Guess I got excited!

That steering wheel...for some reason changing the steering wheel bugs me, especially if it's not finished.

I found in Oregon (same with other states I'm sure) with the title process, it depends on who's helping you.

I bought a truck camper from a friend, who bought it from a guy, who bought it from a guy, who bought it from a guy. There was a title, but no transfer. All in the two years the registration was good. Part of the deal was if it was a problem with the DMV, no sale.

I go in and tell the gent at DMV the story, he looks at the title, looks at me, almost disgustingly, and then starts typing on the computer. Got the title.

Had a 1997 Suburban for parts, lady couldn't find the title. I figured it was part of the mouse nest in the glove box, the rig had been sitting. I was going to take the Burb to the junkyard when I got everything off I wanted, but needed a title. So I go to the DMV to see what I can do. Tell the lady the story, she looks at me and says Oregon is a title state, you have to have a title. I looked at her, almost disgustingly, and left. The old Burb is now a storage shed, the lady took it back after I got everything I wanted off of it.

That lady at the DMV (seemed kind of dingy) ended up giving my daughter her driving test for her license. I thought oh boy! She was great, they had a ball, really relaxed my daughter.

Anyway, looks like a pretty solid rig, if there's no rust.

The rear seat is not sitting in the right location.