Bullnose Forums

Paint Color Code For Headlight Surround?

The color varied by the year, as shown here: Exterior/Exterior Trim And Moulding. Some were black, some were argent, and some were dark charcoal. And there was even a gloss black option.

Gary, I bought some Ford/Motorcraft argent spray paint thinking it would possibly be correct for the XLS bezels. It turned out to be more of a charcoal silver with coarse metallic flake appearance. Good match for silver spoke steel wheels, but it does not look anything like the argent silver grilles or headlight buckets that I’ve seen. Perhaps Ford made more than one “argent”?

Gary, I bought some Ford/Motorcraft argent spray paint thinking it would possibly be correct for the XLS bezels. It turned out to be more of a charcoal silver with coarse metallic flake appearance. Good match for silver spoke steel wheels, but it does not look anything like the argent silver grilles or headlight buckets that I’ve seen. Perhaps Ford made more than one “argent”?

Now that you mention it I do remember that. I think "argent" was a well-used term that meant whatever silverish color they painted it. I know that Chrysler's argent wasn't GM's argent when it came to wheels.

Hmmm, I have some NOS ones for Dad's truck. But, having just looked at the inventory, they are E0TZ 13064-L & M, which are the generic black ones. Thought they might be argent, but no luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Gary - where can I buy this paint from in a spray can?

That's a good question. Assuming you are asking for "argent", the catalog says that "D7AZ 19000-A is "Paint (argent lacquer) -- 13 oz. aerosol spray can".

I did a Google search for that part number and got several hits:

• Autokrafters say they have argent, but I can't see the part number

• This post in 57fordsforever gives a few other numbers people say work, but I can't say they are correct