Bullnose Forums

Oil Sending Unit

You really ought to have a signature that tells us a bit about your truck, like what engine you have. That would allow us to tell you where to look for the wire.

Speaking of the wire, assuming you have gauges you are looking for a white wire with a red stripe, as shown below.

pg-98-with-gauge-circuit-error_orig.thumb.jpg.f3f43fe6c9227f3dc360a4035c1792cb.jpg

You really ought to have a signature that tells us a bit about your truck, like what engine you have. That would allow us to tell you where to look for the wire.

Speaking of the wire, assuming you have gauges you are looking for a white wire with a red stripe, as shown below.

Thanks

Created my signature

Maybe this will help.

Thanks

Created my signature

Maybe this will help.

Yes, that helps.

The oil pressure sending unit is above the fuel pump, and the wire should come from near the DS-II module, assuming you have one, over to the engine.

How do you like the Truetrac in front. I have one in back and like it a lot, but have wondered how it would do in front.

Yes, that helps.

The oil pressure sending unit is above the fuel pump, and the wire should come from near the DS-II module, assuming you have one, over to the engine.

How do you like the Truetrac in front. I have one in back and like it a lot, but have wondered how it would do in front.

I haven't driven it yet. I've been working in it since March 2022. When I got it, someone hacked had an EFI on to it. What a mess that was. Wires spliced all over. Looked like a rats nest. So I cleaned house. Pulled engine, trans., transfer case, rear ends, etc.. Everything has been rebuilt and I am trying to take my time and do it correctly. Engine has been balanced and dyno'ed.

I'm not sure what or where a DS-II is? I don't believe there is one. I removed the module for the EFI along with all the pollution stuff.

I haven't driven it yet. I've been working in it since March 2022. When I got it, someone hacked had an EFI on to it. What a mess that was. Wires spliced all over. Looked like a rats nest. So I cleaned house. Pulled engine, trans., transfer case, rear ends, etc.. Everything has been rebuilt and I am trying to take my time and do it correctly. Engine has been balanced and dyno'ed.

I'm not sure what or where a DS-II is? I don't believe there is one. I removed the module for the EFI along with all the pollution stuff.

The DS-II module would have been on the driver's side fender. And the wiring comes out of the cab, goes along the fender, and then out to the engine.