Bullnose Forums

Removing Front Bench Seat?

If you mean the ones under the floor - they're not designed to be held by any tool; they're crimped to the sheet metal during assembly. Later, they were welded. If yours have broken loose, you may have to cut/grind the bolts off to get the chair out. Then weld a new nut to the floor, as this shows:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/930555/thumbnail/scrapnut.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update this thread.

I was able to get to the nuts by removing a thin metal plate that was bolted to the bottom of the cab. I can't remember the size of the nuts that held the plate in but they were really small.

Anyway, once I had access, I used from pliers on the main nuts and then used a socket on the bolt in the cabin.

Interestingly, only the front two mounting points had the nut, the rear mounts did not - and on my supercab, the rear seats didn't either - they were all bolted through threads in the cabin floor.

Before I re-install it all, I'll try to take some pics and post them here.

Thanks for the input!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update this thread.

I was able to get to the nuts by removing a thin metal plate that was bolted to the bottom of the cab. I can't remember the size of the nuts that held the plate in but they were really small.

Anyway, once I had access, I used from pliers on the main nuts and then used a socket on the bolt in the cabin.

Interestingly, only the front two mounting points had the nut, the rear mounts did not - and on my supercab, the rear seats didn't either - they were all bolted through threads in the cabin floor.

Before I re-install it all, I'll try to take some pics and post them here.

Thanks for the input!

Glad you got them off. And thanks for the update. :nabble_smiley_good: