Bullnose Forums

2023 Ford Truck Show Results

Gary Lewis

On Saturday, the 16th, we held the 2023 edition of the Ford Truck Show. I didn't take any of the pictures, but know that others did and hope they'll post them here. However, Steve Fox/Foxford33 did take FaceBook videos of many of the trucks which you can find on the Bullnose Forum FB page.

In toto we had 18 entrants, which is about 1/2 of what we had last year, although 10 of those were Bullnose. And I attribute the difference to two things - the weather and the weekend chose. On Saturday we had rain in many places across Oklahoma, and while we only got a little bit some places got a lot. So people were reluctant to come out. In fact, I had several text or call asking if the show was going to happen.

As for the weekend chosen, last year we had it on Labor Day weekend, which may have helped as lots of people were looking for things to do after the COVID lockdown eased. But we collectively decided that having it on the holiday weekend wasn't what we wanted to do, so moved it back two weeks. And while that may have deterred some, it sure got us a whole lot better weather!

Entrants

• Gary Lewis: '85 F250 from Skiatook, OK. Won Best Modifications

• John Lindsay/Machspeed: '86 F150 from Wagner, OK. Won Best Paint

• Scott Mark/kramttocs: '86 F250 from Bolivar, MO. Won Best 1980 - 86

• John Ivy: 1963 (I think) Unibody from ?. (The records don't say.) Won Best 1965 & Earlier

• Jordan Britt: Bullnose F250 from Huntsville, AL.

• Scott Ringler/Welder Scott from Skiatook, OK: 1978 F150. Won Best 1973-79

• Larry Bolan/Ratdude747 from Madison, IN: 1984 F150

• Colin Craig: 2014 F150 from Ft Luptin, CO. Won Best 1987 & Later

• Jeff Parent/Big Brother: Bullnose Crewcab from Mt Tremblant, QC Canada. Won Crowd Favorite and Farthest Driven - by a loooong ways

• Jeff Evans: 1985 F150 from Wellston, OK. Won Best Interior

• Zane Durrett: Bullnose F250 from Sperry, OK

• Daniel Koop: F150 from Oologah

• Matthew Mattix: Bullnose F150 from Ramona, OK

• Robert Scott: F150 from Skiatook, OK

• Jake Peters: Early Bronco from Skiatook, OK. Won Best 1966 - 72 and Best Engine

• Chris Kelly/85Pig: 1985 F150 from Oologah, OK.

• BJ (can't read name): 1999 from Derby, KS

• Jim Dunn: 1971 F100 from Collinsville, OK.

FYI, my last name is BOLAN. Common misspelling... supposedly we all have a common ancestor whose name predates standardized spelling.

Good show despite the reduced turnout. A weekend to remember!

How many ways have I misspelled your name? :nabble_smiley_blush:

It is fixed. But I'm guessing that the folks at Ellis Island are to blame.

• 2 months later...

Well done, Jeff!!! Thank you! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks guys, my pleasure.

Maybe ‘cause I was too excited to be there with you, or due to the intense emotion of having driven the famous Big Blue :nabble_smiley_wink:, seems that I forgot to take a lot of pictures, as I usually do.

I made this short movie with the rare good picts and acceptable drone shots I had.

Gary – If somebody could email me a full resolution of the forum decal, I will add it as closing still image, and the end of the video.

This movie is « public » on YouTube, so anybody searching for “truck", “ford” and “show” can find it.

Who knows, the QR code could lead some new friends to us.

Thanks guys, my pleasure.

Maybe ‘cause I was too excited to be there with you, or due to the intense emotion of having driven the famous Big Blue :nabble_smiley_wink:, seems that I forgot to take a lot of pictures, as I usually do.

I made this short movie with the rare good picts and acceptable drone shots I had.

Gary – If somebody could email me a full resolution of the forum decal, I will add it as closing still image, and the end of the video.

This movie is « public » on YouTube, so anybody searching for “truck", “ford” and “show” can find it.

Who knows, the QR code could lead some new friends to us.

Jeff - I'm tagging John/Machspeed with this post and am hoping he can email you the decal since he created it. If not I can take a picture, but given the gloss on the decal the pic might not come out well.