Bullnose Forums

Spectre Performance SPE-733 Low Profile Air Box Kit

Gsmblue

I run that box actually. I don't think I have any pics, but I'm running it with the intake tubes to the firewall. Pulls in air from the footwells inside, wanted a snorkel but hate how they look so now I get cool clean air without some plastic junk on the fender.

I run that box actually. I don't think I have any pics, but I'm running it with the intake tubes to the firewall. Pulls in air from the footwells inside, wanted a snorkel but hate how they look so now I get cool clean air without some plastic junk on the fender.

Interesting, I have read that the box doesnโ€™t seal up and there is some conjecture as to whether this is by design or not, what do you think?

ย 

Interesting, I have read that the box doesnโ€™t seal up and there is some conjecture as to whether this is by design or not, what do you think?

It definitely doesn't seal up, and I assume it's just poorly designed. You can fix it easy enough with a little foam or something but it seals to the filter so it isn't an engine concern, just a why did I buy this concern.

It definitely doesn't seal up, and I assume it's just poorly designed. You can fix it easy enough with a little foam or something but it seals to the filter so it isn't an engine concern, just a why did I buy this concern.

It looks like a cross between an Oldsmobile W30 and a 1964 Thunderbolt (just only has one carburetor instead of two).

If you're wondering about installation, just remove your headlights (you don't need them) and run the intake hoses to the brackets. Boom, race truck.

If you find a picture of a 1964 Thunderbolt, the hoses went where the high beam headlights would normally be. Oldsmobile had scoops under the bumper that went to the air cleaner.

If you find a picture of a 1964 Thunderbolt, the hoses went where the high beam headlights would normally be. Oldsmobile had scoops under the bumper that went to the air cleaner.

You can still get a new Challenger with ram air through the high beams from the dealership!

You can still get a new Challenger with ram air through the high beams from the dealership!

Yup they still do that. That gets you road air though, and if you're running dirt behind someone you definitely don't want that lol. My filters have looked brand new even after months of use after swapping to this setup, just gets a bit loud when the secondaries open.