Bullnose Forums

Looking for Knuckle and Spindle

I'm trying to engineer a Huge Brakes kit for the TTB, like I mentioned before. I'm having a surprisingly difficult time finding a 92 or earlier knuckle and spindle to use for engineering purposes. I have a 93 but that won't help me build a kit for the Bullnose. If anyone has one or the other or both that they are willing to let go of for cheap (or free) please let me know. I'm perfectly happy with a knuckle that has a broken caliper mount since I'm cutting them off anyway. Also, a damaged spindle is fine too. Please let me know if so. Thanks.

You're looking for 2wd stuff, right? I have leftovers from my 81's conversion to 4wd. I'll get some pics of what I have over the weekend. You can have it for free.

I'm in N TX. Where are you at?

Hi Pete. I'm actually looking for 4WD stuff, but I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a 2WD version if you have the parts I need to engineer it. I'm in ATL and will pay for shipping. Send me a pic of what you've got. Thanks!

Hi Pete. I'm actually looking for 4WD stuff, but I wouldn't mind taking a crack at a 2WD version if you have the parts I need to engineer it. I'm in ATL and will pay for shipping. Send me a pic of what you've got. Thanks!

Ok here's what I have. The brake stuff was all replaced with new and run for about a year, then I swapped the truck to 4wd and of course all this stuff was different. So this all has very little wear on it. Let me know if and how much of this stuff you would be interested in.

IMG_3964.jpg.c60cc12115cd6bb0e186b06954b541ec.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg.f8a838108aa1b66707572b131e147b5e.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg.fdc43b17b8bce6fc5bb72271a6286954.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg.07507ea2c1f5b6223c252a2fa16c4aae.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg.f35c54ca6ef047b507aaacf5910a96de.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here's what I have. The brake stuff was all replaced with new and run for about a year, then I swapped the truck to 4wd and of course all this stuff was different. So this all has very little wear on it. Let me know if and how much of this stuff you would be interested in.

Hi Pete,

I did more research on how we could do a brake kit for the 2wd, and the bad news is that we cannot. The issue is that the knuckle and spindle are one piece, so the only way to mount a bracket is to use the bolt holes in the knuckle that the shield gets screwed into. There are only three bolt holes and they are 1/4-20 thread. I do not think it is advisable to bolt a bracket there. The 4x4 caliper bracket uses five 7/16 studs or six 3/8 bolts (depending on year) to hold the kit on. I just don't think three 1/4 bolts can safely take the sheering force created during full braking application. So, thank you for offering the parts, but I'm going to save you the trouble of sending them.

FYI for everyone, I did get the 4x4 parts already.