Bullnose Forums

Anyone Scrapping a Cab?

85pig

Kicking around ideas, one of the previous owners of my truck apparently thought it would be beneficial to do a regular Herman Munster-river dance stomp on the parking brake pedal, I'm guessing because it was sticking and tough to engage. In the process it tore the steel around one of the parking brake pedal assembly mounting holes, as well as a few cracks around them. My initial idea was to make a couple of small reinforcement plates to sandwich the firewall, but then it occurred to me: if anyone was scrapping a cab, it might be even better to see if they'd cut out that recessed section, and it could be riveted in as a full-sized doubler. Does that make sense? I really want to get a parking brake put back in this thing with it being a standard trans. I can go the sandwiched reinforcement route, but the doubler idea seemed like it might have promise?

Local jy you could hit up?

Yeah, plenty of yards, though it's been a while since I've gone digging around. It's one of my favorite past times, but with it being 110° lately, I haven't been. I'll get out soon and see what I can find, but I think that route would be good to reinforce that area. Now if I could only (properly) reinforce the dash frame that Mr. Munster broke stomping the pedal.

Yeah, plenty of yards, though it's been a while since I've gone digging around. It's one of my favorite past times, but with it being 110° lately, I haven't been. I'll get out soon and see what I can find, but I think that route would be good to reinforce that area. Now if I could only (properly) reinforce the dash frame that Mr. Munster broke stomping the pedal.

Where are you? I know of a cab in Eastern Georgia that you could cut up to your hearts content.